“Father's Day Weekend”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Itasca
Peoria, Illinois, United States
“Father's Day Weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is a lovely, full service suburban hotel in between Woodfield, Yorktown and Oak Brook malls. The rooms are very large and the bedding, which they call "heavenly" truly is. The staff was friendly and helpful. There is a Starbucks in the lobby as well as a restaurant/bar for light meals. There is also a Shula's Steak House on the property. This suited our needs perfectly for visiting family in the vicinity.

Green Features: $5 back or 500 SPG points if you hang the sign on your door declining new sheets and towels.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GM-Itasca, Director of Sales at Westin Chicago Northwest, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for your four star review. We are glad you enjoyable your fathers day weekend and the wonderful shopping malls that surround us! We hope to welcome you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
LITH, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Attended a wedding and reception at the Westin so, of course, we stayed there overnight as well. Wonderfully maintained property and beautifully landscaped. The wedding venue overlooked a small lake with a dancing fountain. The wedding reception was well staffed and the service was impecable. Our room was huge with a gigantic window that overlooked the lake and wedding venue. Wonderful view!! Had a bit of a personal tussle with my SLAW forgetting that I had booked their room along with mine and he subsequently booked an additional room. Front desk staff fully understood and I had resolution in about 45 seconds!
Can't say enough good things about the staff members that I interacted with. All were friendly, helpful and upbeat. Pity this isn't a treavel destination for me as I wouldn't hesitate to stay again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your five star review. Your comments are greatly appreciated and will be celebrated with departmental managers and staff! We hope to see again!
Rosemount, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

Needed a quick overnight stay on my way from Minneapolis to Indiana. Westin had a great rate at $89/night. With my gold membership, they upgraded me to a HUGE corner suite that had an enormous bedroom, family room, kitchen, dining room and multiple bathrooms. I felt like royalty! however, after a little bit of time, having that much space to myself seemed a bit strange. Everything in this suite was very high end, from the 50" tv's to the leather furniture, to the plush blankets. In all actuality, I was in the room less than 12 hours hours before I had to be back on the road, so I used very little of the wonderful accommodations.

Room Tip: If you are an SPG gold member, request a corner suite upgrade if available.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jake B
Thank you for your five star review! We are glad your stay was an enjoyable one and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

The hotel was quiet and the food at Schula's was good, but over priced. Maid service was good, but the rooms are fairly outdated. Location is good off interstate but in a stale area. Beds were comfortable. There was a wedding and prom the weekend we stayed and could hear through the doors and out neighbors were pretty loud. But it was what it was.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GM-Itasca, Director of Sales at Westin Chicago Northwest, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay. Guest feedback is important to us and your comments will be shared with our management staff for follow up. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back for a future visit. Thank you
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed this stay at the Westin. I thought the hotel setup was neat and the rooms were remarkably large. Room service was prompt too. If I ever had to be in this exact area again I would choose this property.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your four star ranking! Guest feedback is important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Mountain View, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

Folds who have read my TripAdvisor reviews know that I am very loyal to the Starwood brand. On a recent trip to visit an important business client based in Itasca, I decided to stay at the Westin even though some reviews were mixed. Sure enough, I agree with other reviewers. The saving grace was that my Westin bed was comfy as to be expected. The front desk team was not very engaging as I expected them to be. I received a corner room on the 4th floor. I should have asked for a higher level floor as an SPG gold member. On my second day, I was woken up at 5:00 am by workers outside who were power washing sidewalks. The furniture in my room was nicked. The carpet was filthy with very noticeable stains and there was an area by the door where the carpet had buckled. The WiFi sadly was very unreliable with the service crashing.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor
Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
GM-Itasca, Director of Sales at Westin Chicago Northwest, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
I want to sincerely apologize for your experience during your recent stay. I know how frustrating it can be when noise wakes you up in the early morning hours. I also understand how frustrating it is when WIFI is not reliable. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you about what we can do to earn another chance. Please feel free to contact me directly at 630-773-4000. Thank you
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

Hotel is very well located near Woodfield Mall and close to many major business headquarters. As soon as you enter the grand lobby you can tell its going to be a great stay. The lobby has a a nice lounge and coffee bar. As for the room, its the standard Westin bed and linen (which are some of the nicest in the world). The layout is great for a business traveler with a nice desk and plenty of accessible AC outlets. I really enjoyed the quiet nature of the location and will stay here often.

Room Tip: I think every room is a good room, the elevators are over the lobby and not next to any rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your 4 star review of the Westin Chicago Northwest! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you
Also consider these accommodations in or near Itasca
Eaglewood Resort & Spa
Hyatt Place Itasca
Hyatt Place Itasca
#1 of 5 in Itasca
Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area)
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove
The Westin O'Hare
The Westin O'Hare
#5 of 18 in Rosemont
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,123 reviews
Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago

Been to Westin Chicago Northwest? Share your experiences!