The Westin Chicago Northwest
Hyatt.com
$71
ExtendedStay
$159
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village(Elk Grove Village)
$43
  • Pool
$101
$93
$139
All reviewscorner suiteheavenly bedupgraded to a suitebusiness hotelwedding receptionlobby barbar foodgift shopstarbucks coffeemini fridgebusiness tripthis past weekendo'hare airportwoodfield mallchicagospgconference
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were upgraded to a suite, it was awesome. It had a bar, dining room, and a huge bedroom with an extra comfortable bed. Awesome view of the Chicago skyline, make sure you request a room on the east side of the building on a higher floor. The only complaints are the carpets are in disrepair (need to be cleaned or replaced) and some minor wall damage mostly on corners, but that's expected with any building that old. Also there is not a lot to do in the area. Unless you're there for a family function or for business I would not suggest it. There's a Walmart and a Dunkin Donuts. That's about it. The lobby atrium was awesome, and the fitness center was great. There's a great view of the Chicago skyline from the fitness center as well.

Room Tip: High floor, facing east.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
patty_connolly, General Manager at The Westin Chicago Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear BennyJ,
Thank you for sharing the details of your recent stay at the Westin Chicago Northwest. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We review all of our guest comments and I will be sure to share yours with our staff. One thing to note about our location - we are 5 miles from Woodfield Mall, Illinois' largest, with many shopping, dining and entertainment options. Keep that in mind for a future visit! Thank you!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Spent one night there - standard Westin amenities. Looks like an older properties and more of an airport hotel than a city hotel. No recognition of my platinum status - received a normal room. Room was large though. Friendly service. In-room breakfast - quite good and on time. If I had to come back to the area I would pick a different hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jacques A,
I'm disappointed to hear that you just found our hotel to be ok. We want to exceed our guest's expectations and I apologize that we did not do that for your recent stay. Your comments will be shared with our management team for follow up. If I can provide any further assistance or follow up that may help you reconsider our hotel for a future stay, please let me know. Thank you.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

The Westin Chicago Northwest was the perfect venue for our wedding. The Pavillion Tent was beautiful for both the ceremony and reception, and the grounds were gorgeous with so many perfect places for photos. The majority of our guests were from out-of-town and many of them commented on the beautiful view from their rooms, as well as the affordable room prices. Our ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner reception, and wedding brunch were all held at the Westin, so they didn't have to worry about leaving the venue. We also heard many compliments from our guests about the quality and taste of the food, from the hors d'oeuvres to the brunch and everything in between.

The entire Westin staff was warm, personable and friendly. We were never treated differently for being a same-sex couple. The staff showed respect and happiness for us, and made us feel so comfortable. We were never afraid to be ourselves. It was a wonderful experience from start to finish.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
patty_connolly, General Manager at The Westin Chicago Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

I am delighted to read your comments regarding your recent wedding at the Westin Chicago Northwest! We are always honored to be chosen to be a part of this special day and I am glad to hear that we provided a 5 star experience for you and your family and friends. Your comments have been shared with our staff. Wishing you all the best in the future. Thank you!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I had a lovely time at the Westin. The Hotel was beautiful, the beds were comfy and the bar stayed open very late both night for the wedding guests staying at their hotel. Those are the positives. There are certain things I think the hotel should consider and future guests should know before they book a room here. The Air Conditioning was not working in our room, there was cold air, but no fan to blow the cool air out. We did advise the hotel and they brought us a fan. There is a "cooling box" not a fridge in the room, the front desk told us this keeps things at room temperature, my husbands response was "whats the point for the plug then, if it only keeps your food at room temperature?" They brought us a fridge. Both the room service prices and the Breakfast prices were RIDICULOUS!!! A bowl of Lucky Charms, was $9! The Breakfast was $17.95, and it looked disgusting and not much more than a continental breakfast that would be included with your room and most 3 star hotels. We ate out even though it would have been more convenient stay in. So they lost a lot of money there as we ate out of the hotel for 5 meals! The last thing is unfortunately not that surprising these days as you do not receive good customer service anywhere you go. However, at a Hotel like the Westin that has a channel you can watch in your room dedicated to the wonderful customer service you receive with SPG hotels, the front desk girl who worked on Sunday (blonde hair, did not bother getting her name as she was so rude) morning and handled our check out was very rude. My husband checked us out, he was not given a receipt. We went and asked the girl for our bill, she responded "there is no bill, it's been prepaid on the credit card." Ok then can I have my receipt with my charges? She rolled her eyes, acted very annoyed, printed it for us and handed it to us. There was no standard greetings "Hello, can I help you" "How was your stay" "Can I get you anything else" "Of Course I can do that for you" "Have a great day, thank you for staying with us" Oh well! It left a bad impression.

1  Thank Amy T
patty_connolly, General Manager at The Westin Chicago Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Amy T,
Thank you for sharing the details of your experience with us. While I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, I am disappointed to hear of some of the issues that you mention. Especially the service that you received. This is not the level of service that you should expect from a Westin or the Westin Chicago Northwest. Please know that your comments will be shared with our management team. We do hope that you will consider us for a future stay and allow us the opportunity to provide the level of customer service that you deserve. Thank you.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

The Hotel was conveniently located off the interstate and easy to find. We were greeted nicely upon a late evening check-in by the Front Desk Agent. There is ample parking available which I utilized the furthest corner spot after getting a dent in my vehicle on the first night. Understandably not the hotel's responsibility. Prior to booking our stay, I read reviews on how noisy the Hotel can be, the reviews were accurate and I suspect it's due to the design of the hotel with the open center atrium where a massive wedding reception took place.... that was acceptable as it's part of the industry. That said, we had a room close to the elevator and a room away from the waiting area from the elevators. This resulted in a family with 3 kids who decided to be inconsiderate noise-wise early in the morning. I had to get up out of bed and request the parents to remind their children to use "inside" voices as a courtesy to other guests.

The rooms were very spacious and had most of the amenities except for a microwave, which I always find handy for late night snacks or leftovers. The king size beds and covers were extremely comfortable and slept really well except for the above-mentioned minor disturbance just outside our hotel room. I did find it odd, that there wasn't the standard binder in the room that most hotels provide for listings of restaurants, attractions etc., as not being a resident of Chicago, trying to find a number for pizza delivery was frustrating especially after a 7 hour drive.

Unfortunately, while I was looking forward to getting some sort of work out in the workout area, it was closed for renovation which wasn't indicated anywhere at the time of booking. Although renovations are usually a sign a for further facility improvements.

The only disappointing experience during our 2 night stay was there was no turn-down service and replenishment of coffee in the room. In addition, during our entire stay, I observed glassware that sat out in the hallway on the floor during our entire stay. While the Hotel as a whole provided a positive experience, the service on the guest floors appeared to be lacking. And I don't want to assume that staffing resources were focused towards the wedding in-house.

We would return to this Hotel as the concerns were relatively minor but as a former hotel front desk manager, attention to detail would really make a huge difference for this wonderful property.

Room Tip: Request for rooms away from the elevator / common areas.

Dear CHM949,
Thank you for sharing this detailed review regarding your stay with us. As someone who has worked in the industry, your comments are appreciated. It's great to hear that you found enjoyed your stay. I do apologize for the issues. I would like to mention that our Westin Workout Fitness Studio has been updated and is open for our guests to use. And, your feedback regarding the service on the guest floors will be shared with the department managers in order to help us improve. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to welcome you back for a future stay!