“My Issue Not Theirs or Yours”

Westin Chicago Northwest
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Itasca
Vista, California
“My Issue Not Theirs or Yours”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I will cut to the chase. The Westin in Itasca Illinois is a first rate property in most senses. It is clean, neat, and well designed. The rooms are large and for a real change, the internet really works well at least for a hotel. So....no complaints overall but I have a problem. The hotel is fine but it is expensive relative to the Choice Hotels, Hampton Inns, Fairfield Inns, Courtyards, etc. where I normally stay. The food is very high priced and the drinks at the bar are overpriced as well. Now I do not pick up the tab for this, my client does but if I have a choice, I would stay in a less expensive property that was just as nice in terms of a room and a nights sleep and then go out on my own for a first class meal and some drinks in nearby restaurants. Okay, that is my issue and not theirs or perhaps yours. Just sayin.........

Room Tip: Good upper class hotel near several corporate HQs in the area.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
patty_connolly, General Manager at Westin Chicago Northwest, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. As a full service hotel, we provide many services and amenities that some of the select service hotels do not. We understand that you have many choices and hope that you find that our amenities and service levels provide a value and that we will be on your list of options for your next visit to the area. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The room was nicely decorated and somewhat quiet. The bed and pillows were outstanding. The only noise we heard was some people yelling in the cavernous attrium during a large event. The dual shower head was relieving and there was very good water pressure. The carpet in the halls and room were in need of deep cleanig and/or replacement, but I understand that this is an expensive undertaking. The room was very reasonably priced for what you get...actually I've stayed at Motel 6 and Red Roof Inns and at this price and were nowhere near as comfortable. I recommend it highly. This is a place to stay for convenience to western suburbs or to stay out of the downtown area. We were 45 minutes from the museums and saved a $50/night parking fees as well as the excessive downtown taxes not to mention half the price for a similar quality room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We are so glad to hear that you found our hotel to be convenient to downtown Chicago and comfortable. We hope that you will think of us for your next visit to the area. Thank you!
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel makes you feel good to stay in. Clean, comfortable, luxury with green standards. The pool is the nicest I have ever seen, plenty of restaurants and a quiet sleep for a great value. Itasca is a bit far however it is subject to very little traffic which I appreciated.

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Westin Chicago Northwest. So glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We hope to welcome you back soon. Thank you!
boston
Reviewed May 2, 2013

The hotel hosted a wedding this past saturday that was very loud and did not end until 12:30am hence no sleep. At the time the reservation was made I should have been told there would be a wedding (in the lobby) and that there would be a noise problem. If I had known, I would have went to another hotel.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I do apologize for the noise. We appreciate and value your feedback. Thank you.

Travelers are raving about these Itasca hotels

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Had to wait forever to check out. Line was ridiculouy long, for a hotel that promotes convention/meeting space. The rooms were mediocre for the price, ours was incredibly DUSTY. Like no one had come in and cleaned before.

Also, had to store luggage before meeting ending. There was no customer service again. No one to unlock the door. Had to ask and then wait for almost 10 minutes for someone to come.

Banquet food was good!

• Stayed April 2013
patty_connolly, General Manager at Westin Chicago Northwest, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay. I do apologize for your experience with the wait to check out and for your luggage. We are always glad when our guests share their comments with us - it allows us to review what we are doing right - and what we can improve on. Your feedback will be shared as we always look for ways to improve. We do hope that you will consider us for another stay. Thank you.
Ladera Ranch, California
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I just came back from this trip to Chicago and stayed at the Westin Chicago NW for work purposes. This is not a resort but it was an excellent hotel to stay. The staff was friendly and very very helpful with whatever you needed. They have an express line and the person at the other end can help you with just about anything. I was so impressed with the exceptional customer service. The bell captains are extremely helpful and delighted to either drive you to a location around the hotel area or to hail a cab for you or just give you directions. Kudos to your bell captains!!! The room service was another excellent experience and the food was very good.

The rooms were modern and very comfortable and very clean. The bedding is pure white and that is exactly what they were "pure white". No stains or yellowing. The heavenly beds are just that "heavenly". There was WiFi in the room which is always a plus. The bathroom was clean and not worn.

I can't say enough about my stay at the Westin and I will stay here again ( very close to my customers) or another Westin downtown when I return to Chicago. It was excellent all the way around even for a business traveler.

Thank you Westin and the GM of this property.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Westin Chicago Northwest. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be friendly and helpful. Your comments will be shared with our staff - especially the bell captains! We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area visiting customers. Keep us in mind! Thank you!
Schaumburg, Illinois, United States
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My husband and I booked the Westin a year in advance and had our wedding last weekend. The Westin was wonderful! Samantha answered all of my questions quickly. The hotel were flexible as questions can up throughout the planning process. Our hotel room was absolutely magnificent! We stayed there for 3 days. Our room was perfect. At the last minute, they had an extra room available and moved our cocktail hour from the lobby to a private room. The bellmen were super helpful always helping us carrying all of our belongings. The food was delicious, the drinks were amazing, and the price was great. We looked at 4 other venues and this was definitely the best place for the price and everything that it encompassed. I can honestly say I have nothing but positives things to say about our experience at the Westin.

Room Tip: The rooms are amazing! The most comfortable bed with the best pillows I have ever slept on. I aske...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
patty_connolly, General Manager at Westin Chicago Northwest, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent wedding reception at the Westin Chicago Northwest. It's great to hear that everything went well. We are always honored to be chosen to be a part of this special day. Thank you for choosing our hotel. Your comments will be shared with Samantha and our staff. Best wishes to you and your husband. Thank you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Itasca
Hyatt Place Itasca
Hyatt Place Itasca
#1 of 5 in Itasca
Eaglewood Resort & Spa
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove
Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago
Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area)
The Westin O'Hare
The Westin O'Hare
#5 of 18 in Rosemont

Been to Westin Chicago Northwest? Share your experiences!