“Great experience”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Itasca
Palatine, Illinois
“Great experience”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We attended a wedding at the Westin on 9/14 and it was an amazing day! No detail was missed and the staff was wonderful!!! We stayed overnight as well and the accommodations were great, the beds were very comfortable and we asked for adjoining rooms and they were happy to accommodate the request! The hotel really is focused on making their customers feel great!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
patty_connolly, General Manager at The Westin Chicago Northwest, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for sharing your great experience at the Westin Chicago Northwest. We are always honored to be a part of someone’s wedding day and are so glad that you enjoyed the experience. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 11, 2012

So we arrived to O'Hare and called hotel for shuttle puck up.However we were advised that they do not have shuttle from airport and referred us to Premier Taxi.We called 800 number they gave to us and nobody even picked up the phone and it went straight to voice mail.After few tries finally somebody answered, no greeting no hi. He was very rude and after he took info he hung up on us.After a while we called saying that we still were waiting(because hotel employee said they had special arrangement with them and it would be cheaper then taxi from airport)respond was they did not have car and he sent one so it takes time to get to airport.
Finally cab has arrived.......dirty car and driver all time was on the phone while driving.Taking orders and calls.
Overall hotel was nice,employees were great. But why you would refer to such a poor car service???I understand the part we had to wait but operator hanging up the phone and being rude????dirty car and etc....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Itasca hotels

Springfield, Virginia, USA
Reviewed September 8, 2012

It's conveniently located near one of our local business offices so when I travel to Elk Grove Village it's one of the nicer places to stay.

There is a Shula's steakhouse inside and the food is not to be missed.

The hotel staff is always friendly and professional. Room service is good quality and delivered promptly.

The rooms are clean and the beds quite comfortable. Take advantage of the green program to avoid having the room serviced for a day and get $5 credit or 500 bonus SPG points upon checkout.

One critique, the breakfast buffet needs improvement. It is not very good, which is odd considering how good everything else is and the other meals are great.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed at the Westin for a wedding in 8/12. I can't really add anything new - there is a HUGE sound problem from the atrium (woken up at 430a by some drunk screaming cuss words down there), very thin walls, etc. And also, they nickel and dime you - 10$ 'facility charge' each day (and I didn't even use any of them), 10$ internet charge per day. No breakfast service of any kind. The room was adequate. However, the wedding tent is amazing, the catering they provided was excellent, very beautiful and well done. Weird for a huge hotel in the middle of an office park, but they know how to do a wedding. Too bad the hotel wasn't as nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Fort Wayne
Reviewed August 19, 2012

From the outside and even walking in this appears to be a top-notch hotel. Unfortunately, that's where the razzle ended. From very thin walls(yes, I could hear conversations in he next room) poor ventilation, and a 9pm pool closure left much to be desired. Don't get me wrong it is a nice place to stay and the staff was very gracious and professional. It is certainly a business hotel and I would stay again for that, but would probably not bring a family...personal choice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ehugo99
miami
Reviewed August 16, 2012

At the end of July, I was staying in this hotel for two days on business.
I stay at many Westins throughout the country, and like always, i have a great experience. Unfortunately, this time was different. The hotel stuff was very friendly and professional. To my surprise, I ordered a cab on the morning of my departure thru the service express, and was extremely disappointed. When I arrived downstairs, after I was told a cab would be waiting for me, there was no cab. When I asked the bellman about the cab, he said any minute. I waited almost 20 minutes and almost missed my flight. When the cab finally arrived , the driver was very rude and did not apologize. For all the great experiences i have had at your hotel, it is extremely unfortunate that premiere taxi , and their driver will probably prevent me from ever staying at your hotel in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank leo m
Lake Forest Park, Washington
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We recently stayed for 8 days while visiting family and friends. It is very conveniently located for the major roads (290, 90, 355) and not far from O'Hare while not too close. I got the reservation on hotwire, so we paid a very good price. The rooms are quite large, well appointed, very nice beds. The bathroom was showing some normal wear and tear. The rooms open into a central atrium so if there's an event, you might get some residual noise. The two things that surprised me was that they didn't provide actual glasses but plastic ones; for a Westin of this caliber I expected to see real glassware. I was also disappointed that they didn't provide free wifi. Otherwise, this is a very good hotel in the Westin chain.

Room Tip: Try to get a high floor in a corner.