“illinois”

Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area)
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Itasca
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 3, 2012

itasca is small city on outskirts of chicago, not very far fro chicago international airport. its a smalll serene city. the hotel is situated right next to mc donalds. the hotel is good with nice indoor pool and bar . the rooms are spacious too . in short value for money near chicago

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Wonderful job with the remodel. Our stay was excellent. Thank you!

J. Williams
Nashville TN

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank L S
Reviewed May 28, 2012

This hotel is clean and very nice. Convenient location near highway 290. My husband was traveling with me and they let him check into the room at 7:30 am when we arrived in the area and I had to leave for work. The room was very nice and clean. The pool is ok but kind of a strange layout to it. It was clean and convenient to get to it. The pool did not have the best steps to get into it.

We did not eat or drink in the restaurant but it seemed to be popular. It is an older hotel but has been recently remodeled and it up to date. The beds were comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank dorothyhydepark
Jesse M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area), responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Hello Dorothyhydepark,
Thank you for your review. We completed a $4 Million renovation last year that included all of our guest rooms, banquet rooms, restaurant, lobby, and pool area. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to having you back as our guest soon! Jesse

Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

Easy to access. Very clean and comfortable rooms. Service desk was friendly. Typical Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel as a chaperone for a high school tour group. It was clean and had a great breakfast for the kids. The lobby was large and had seating for our 'early birds" who had to wait for the rest of the group.

Our kids were disappointed that the pool closed at 10, but other than that everything went great. I had a single King room overlooking the pool lobby - very comfortable. I would highly recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I was at this hotel for a two day company meeting. Overall from start to finish we had a great experience. They recently completed a lobby and guestroom renovation. The lobby was spacious and great for gathering. Good food at our event and for room service.

I checked out late at night and made a mistake booking a taxi and was potentially going to miss my flight. Justina made a quick decision to just take me to the airport herself and because of this I didn't miss my flight. Thank you for the great service.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a family trip we planned to Legoland. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. We chose to stay here because it is only about 10 minutes from Legoland and it is outside of the city, so we didn't have to pay for parking. There were plenty of restaurants nearby and it was only about a half an hour from the Navy Pier. There is an excercise room that has fairly new equipment and an arcade. The pool area is nice and clean, although the water isn't heated in the winter. The water was pretty cold, even though the pool is inside. The rooms were nice. Our room faced in towards the lobby, which I didn't care for. If I had known, I would have requested a room with an window facing outside. All in all, it was a pleasant trip and a safe, nice area to stay for a family. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Request a room with an outside window.