“Great location to hold meetings”

Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area)
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Itasca
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I was at this hotel for a two day company meeting. Overall from start to finish we had a great experience. They recently completed a lobby and guestroom renovation. The lobby was spacious and great for gathering. Good food at our event and for room service.

I checked out late at night and made a mistake booking a taxi and was potentially going to miss my flight. Justina made a quick decision to just take me to the airport herself and because of this I didn't miss my flight. Thank you for the great service.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed May 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a family trip we planned to Legoland. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. We chose to stay here because it is only about 10 minutes from Legoland and it is outside of the city, so we didn't have to pay for parking. There were plenty of restaurants nearby and it was only about a half an hour from the Navy Pier. There is an excercise room that has fairly new equipment and an arcade. The pool area is nice and clean, although the water isn't heated in the winter. The water was pretty cold, even though the pool is inside. The rooms were nice. Our room faced in towards the lobby, which I didn't care for. If I had known, I would have requested a room with an window facing outside. All in all, it was a pleasant trip and a safe, nice area to stay for a family. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Request a room with an outside window.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 6, 2012

As soon as we check into our hotel room, we notice this nice big creeper window that overlooks the lobby area. There was a party across in the banquet room with about 50 kids running around and started pointing into our window and yelling at us. After about 5 minutes of that, we decided to wave back at them. Then a tall pedo with a 'stache, came walking towards our window and pointing to tell the employee that we were supposedly taking pictures of their children. She called our room accusing us of taking pictures without even hearing our side of what happened. She was speaking in a very rude tone that made me feel unwanted and to immediately check out. Then, when we decided to finally go downstairs to swim, the same children that were looking into our window were still running around the lobby. I heard one of them say "follow them". While we were undressing into our bathing suits, the entire family, children and adults were standing around looking into the window and we saw flashes as if they were the ones taking pictures of us. It made us feel very violated. For the rest of the night, there was loud music being played until about 3 am.

If that wasnt bad enough, the next morning we go downstairs to a supposed "complimentary breakfast", that wasn't all that complementary. No where did it say that we needed a voucher or that it was $8.95 per person. No one came up to us and told us so we had already eaten breakfast and then they came up to us with a $30.00 bill. Not very fair.

Overall, it was a pretty bad experiance.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kelly G
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area), responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Dear Kelly G,

Thank You for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We were visiting family last week and stayed at this hotel on the recommendation of a family member. We had wonderful service from very attentive staff. The hotel was clean and bright and the beds were comfortable
We had daily breakfast there and one evening meal--the food and service were great.
We have had some not so great experiences at Holiday inns so were reluctant to book there but this hotel is top-notch,very clean with exceptional staff.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We had a surprise party for my wife in the private dining room and the renovated facilty was the perfect place. The price was right, the service was spectacular and the food was delicious. I can't say enough about the catering manager Patti and Ulyana who went out of their way to make this party a very special one. We did not stay overnight so I cannot comment on these services and the rooms.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Very decent business-class hotel in Itasca, near O'Hare. Room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Appears newly renovated. Pool and hot tub were very nice. Staff was helpful and friendly. Kem's restaurant (on site) is a good restaurant, with reasonable prices and good food. Holiday Inns have come a long, long way in the last few years. This compared favorably to most Hilton's I have stayed at. I would certainly stay here again. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed her this past weekend, and everything was okay until we went to the pool area and the hot tub was cold and the jets didn't even work. We didn't make a big deal and decided to just come back later on after dinner since the pool didn't close till 11 pm. We get back and go down to the pool around 10pm and its already closed! We ask the front desk and they say its closed because the hot tub is broken. We were very upset because the main reason we came to the hotel was to go swimming and relax in the hot tub. We then said okay and decided we would just come back down in the morning. We come back down the next morning around 10am and there is someone cleaning the pool! So we couldn't even use the pool but we did go in the hot tub for a little bit. We even brought this up to the front desk as we were checking out and they didn't even seem to care the slightest. I guess they don't like business.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cathy m
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area), responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2012

Dear Cathy m,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Itasca. I apologize that the pool/hot tub was temporarily out of service at the time you visited. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced. I will follow up with the maintenance staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. I take this opportunity to send you our best wishes.

Brenda J.
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Itasca
Eaglewood Resort & Spa
Hyatt Place Itasca
Hyatt Place Itasca
#1 of 5 in Itasca
Hampton Inn & Suites Addison
The Westin Chicago Northwest
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Itasca
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Chicago Wood Dale - Elk Grove

Been to Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area)? Share your experiences!