“What a great bargain for breakfast”
Review of Daddy O's Diner

Daddy O's Diner
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Itasca
Cuisines: American
Description: 1950's Style, Great Food, Friendly Service
Description: 1950's Style, Great Food, Friendly Service
Reviewed July 25, 2019

We stopped at Daddy O's Diner for breakfast on the way to the train station. Daddyy O's Diner is just north of Irving Park Rd. on Walnut St. and for take-out desserts, look at the bakery next door. Anyway, there was a breakfast special that hit the spot for just the right amount of food at a super cash price - like less than $5.00. The service was excellent and the food was tasty.

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank Allen21096
Bessie A, General Manager at Daddy O's Diner, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2019

Thank you! Hope to see you soon.

Write a reviewReviews (56)

Reviewed July 24, 2019 via mobile

Finished a round of golf, so headed here with my partner at about 12:30 on a Wednesday. About five other patrons, so we sat right away. Decent menu (printed I really tiny font) with breakfast and lunch offerings. Service was friendly, though somewhat hampered because of a broken refrigerator? My beef barley soup was good, my partner’s chicken noodle was kind of greasy. My Rueben sandwich was small, as was the portion of fries, but that was ok, since most similar places have ginormous portions. Nothing special, price was fine for what we received. Wouldn’t go out of my way to come back, but if I was in the neighborhood again, might try the breakfast items.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 17, 2019

Being from England (UK) whenever I am traveling in the USA I have to have at least one Breakfast in an 'authentic American Diner' and on this trip that diner was "Daddy O's Diner" in the small town (village) of Itasca. Daddy O's is decorated as you would want / expect for a traditional American Diner... It's fabulous. We went in and sat in a booth and Bessie was our server. Bessie was great, super happy and friendly making for the perfect start to our breakfast. The menu has all those great American favourites, I went for mine which is Corned-beef Hash with two Eggs with an English Muffin and Coffee. It was just how I like it... All American! The prices are reasonable with each breakfast with coffee being around US$12 In summary I'd highly recommend "Daddy O's Diner" and the lovely Bessie.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

After having a breakfast there went back again the next day to try other items and the next day again ...
Delicious food, very friendly service, nice ambiance place. Recommended!

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

Daddy O's has been our go-to breakfast spot since moving into Itasca a few years ago. We checked it out originally because the 50s Diner decor looked cool -- and ended up coming back over and over again because the food is exactly what you hope for: Good, hearty breakfast food. (Lunch is good too!)

What really keeps us coming back though is the staff and service. The owners interact with almost every customer, and the entire staff makes it seem like they know you, even if it's been a few weeks or months since your last visit.

My only (sort of) tip is that the place is tight -- strollers are a challenge. If you have very small kids that need a stroller, it's easiest in the summer when their outdoor seating is available.

Date of visit: February 2019
Bessie A, General Manager at Daddy O's Diner, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2019

Thank you Justin it is our pleasure to serve you and your family. We do have high chairs and booster seats for your children.
See you soon!