“Beautiful restraunt with great food!”
Review of Sergio's Cucina Italiana - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sergio's Cucina Italiana
Cuisines: Italian
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Irving Park
Description: Sergio’s Cucina Italiana opened in 2002 and was created by veteran restaurateur Sergio Abate, from Naples, Italy, and four other chefs, two of which also hale from Italy. This diverse culinary team brings a unique blend of old and new, traditional and modern for an unforgettable dining experience. Sergio’s Cucina features a menu of fresh and seasonal ingredients with rustic Italian flare, offering cuisine that is unique in preparation and flavor. The crown jewel of Itasca’s dining options, patrons love the cuisine and comfortable atmosphere, while enjoying the entire Italian experience. The menu includes lunch and dinner, with an array of dried and fresh pasta dishes; authentic hand-tossed pizzas, prepared in our wood-burning oven; fresh seafood entrees prepared daily; an exceptional wine list and many other daily Italian specialties. Please join us and and experience the taste of authentic Italy at Sergio’s Cucina Italiana!
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I absolutely LOVE Sergio's!! Every time we go there to eat it is always a wonderful experience. The food is delish, the wine is perfect and the ambiance is perfect. The staff is also very friendly. One of my favorite places to go!

There are newer reviews for Sergio's Cucina Italiana

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Sergio's menu is authentic Italian, and my Italian husband chooses it, over any/all other restaurants! Sergio will assure your dining experience is extraordinary, greeting you at your table and creating custom dishes of your choice upon request. We love his homemade noodles, marinara sauce, buffalo mozzarella, brick oven pizza, gourmet salads, and espresso gelato. The specials offered each night are note worthy, with his mushroom risotto outstanding, along with his great selection of Italian wines! On any given evening, you will find Italians speaking Italian, and others enjoying its candle lit bar! Sergio's service in the bar area is exceptional, and Saturday night live music beckons a visit in and of itself! Sergio's is a WINNER RESTAURANT!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had the opportunity to visit this restaurant for a business luncheon and was quite surprised how authentic it is to Italian cuisine. Friendly staff, great food and reasonably priced.

Reviewed September 14, 2011

This is a nice little restaurant with great service. Food was average...nothing to write home about...and a little on the pricey side.

1  Thank lupster67
Reviewed February 15, 2009

This was my third time dining at Sergio's and it will be my last. I really wanted to make this place my local Italian restaurant. It's very close to where I live, the prices are decent, and the food is a 6/10. I just can't do it. The staff is EXTREMELY rude and uppity (which they have no reason to be, the Olive Garden is much more upscale than this place), prepare to feel like you are not wanted as soon as you walk through the door. The lady greeter who sat us on all occasions should be fired, I can't believe anyone would hire her for that position.

The last time we ate here we made reservations for 7:30 on Valentines Day, when we walked in we were told it would be 10-15 mins, after an hour I asked if they could please update us on how long it would take. The lady greeter very rudely told me 10-15 mins again. After another 30 mins we got the same rude answer. We got up and left after waiting for two hours, went to the store, and made our own dinner. I'm a very patient person, this was the first time I walked out of a restaurant for this reason (and this is the first ever negative review I have written, it was that bad). The thing that made it worse is that they were sitting people, from which I could tell where friends with the greeter, like 15 mins after they walked in.

Only eat here if you are a friend of the family, for everyone else, don't waste your money here when you could be having a good time at one of the many other restaurants in the area who care about providing a good experience for their customers. I hope this review saves at least one person from a ruined evening.

1  Thank ben51959