“I'm not a steak person but Shula's satisfied my seafood cravings”
Review of Shula's Steak House - CLOSED

Shula's Steak House
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Shula’s Steak House - Westin Hotel Chicago Northwest has been ranked among the top five steak houses in America since 1991. The atmosphere of the restaurant is a virtual museum of the 1972 PERFECT season of the Miami Dolphins. Our restaurant is built on serving the "best beef money can buy" and serves only Premium Black Angus Beef. All of our steaks feature the SHULA CUT which is center cut, aged to perfection premium black angus beef.
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I stayed at the Westin Chicago Northwest last week for a biz trip. After long days of meetings I did not feel like driving off site for dinner. Shula's Steakhouse in the Lobby of the Westin absolutely delighted me. On my first night I enjoyed the lump crab cake dinner in the restaurant. On my second night I ate at the bar and enjoyed the onion soup to start (I only ate half to save room) and the seared ahi that was so flavorful and fresh. The bartender was spot on with his recommendations. I've been a good girl lately with desserts. On the recommendation of the bar tender I ordered the apple cobbler. It is baked to order. It is full of tangy apples baked in a tender crust topped with a cinnamon crumb topping and cinnamon glazed vanilla ice cream. Oh my. I could only eat half of it and every bite was just amazing. The service at Shula's is spot on. I will have repeat biz in the area and can't wait to return. YUM!

Reviewed May 17, 2014

What can i Say, in an area like Chicago you expect the best in steaks but the entire menu is outstanding. Servers are quick to follow up but allow plenty of space to conduct business discussion.

1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Had an absolutely great steak with good Franciscan red wine from Napa Valley (both would have made it '5 stars' - so absolutely good food) - truffle fries were disappointing, soft mushy - so not worth it .... coffee was fine - the bill (with tip) came to 90 USD - so quite pricey, but clearly my recommendation: go there for steak and wine - and skip the rest ... place is decent and I went there as I stayed in Westin hotel - not for every evening - but a good choice, probably will there again the next time I am in Itasca.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

We went to Shula’s Steakhouse for a birthday celebration. Despite the 1972 football season décor, it is well appointed. I told the server that I was more of a 1985 kind of a guy. My wife was thinking about getting the jumbo lump crab cakes, until the steak cart was brought to the table. It had examples of their various offerings for display along with the server’s description of Shula Cut’s exacting standards. If memory serves, only 1% of steaks make the grade. My wife decided to get a New York Strip and I went for the Kansas City. We shared a Caesar salad, which was large enough to split and quite good. We both very much liked the warm loaf of fresh-baked, sourdough bread; so much so that we almost finished a second one. The steaks were cooked precisely as ordered and were excellent. Which I’m sure the quality of the meat was mostly responsible for, but the chef also did their part admirably. For side dishes, I had the potato gratin and my wife had a twice baked potato. The gratin was tasty, ever so slightly al dente, and ample enough to share. The twice baked potato has very large and my wife enjoyed it. I sampled it for lunch the next day and agree with her assessment. The meal was finished by a chocolate soufflé with vanilla bean ice cream that was on the house as a birthday gift. It was a fitting end to meal. The wait staff was very attentive and genuinely concerned about our enjoyment. As the saying goes with quality fare, one gets what they pay for. This meal was substantially priced and a really nice experience. I would recommend Shula’s for special occasions or anytime that a fine piece of beef is desired.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Shula's at the Westin in Itasca is much more than I expected. The steak and the accompaniments were excellent and the service was great. You don't usually think that dining at a hotel is going to be this good. I would recommend it to anyone, especially for business meetings.