“Large Hotel Complex, Strange Layout” 4 of 5 bubbles

Eaglewood Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Itasca
GreenLeadersSilver level
De Forest, WI
“Large Hotel Complex, Strange Layout”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

The resort / hotel complex is very large and is all done in a "prairie style" that is done well without feeling overdone. The rooms are spacious and clean. The full service bar in the basement offers plenty of space. The location is close to the highway but not so close that you can hear it.

You feel like you're surrounded by a neighborhood and not in Chicago. The restaurant offers acceptable quality foods although the breakfast is probably the best meal.

The only real oddity is the layout of the hotel portion with two towers. It is not all that clear, after a long day of travel, how to efficiently get from the front desk to your room or to find another room.

I will stay here again, the hotel is nice enough with enough amenities that a family could tag along on a business trip and keep themselves busy on-site.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay with us, rest assured I will share your feedback with the team. We hope we have the pleasure to be of service in the not too distant future. Best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
US
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

It was very easy to get to this resort. This resort/hotel is a spa so there is a large indoor pool, bowling alley, golf course, and spa services available.

This trip was a promotional weekend for an outside organization which provided us rooms while attending meetings.

This is a very large, clean facility and there were several meeting rooms in use by various organizations. Our food was catered by the hotel and we did not eat in the restaurant. The food was very good and well prepared. Personally, there were too many red and green peppers in the food for my taste.

The room was large and had a very comfortable king size bed.

Check in was easy and efficient. All in all a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank UStravelmaxx
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I had to cancel my reservations at Indian Lakes because they decided not honor any of their online specials and were extremely incompetent. I am so glad they did. I chose Eaglewood which was very close and was blown away. Not only did they offer a better package but they HONORED it. What a unique concept. The place was very clean, staff was friendly and the SPA makes Indian Lakes spa look like a cheap tug-n-rub. This is a real spa. The ambiance, the staff, everyone whispers, a very nice tranquility room with refreshments and chocolate. One of the best spas I have ever been too. The sauna, jacuzzi and pool were also very well maintained and clean. We decided that Eaglewood will be an annual treat.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bri P
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
We always value feedback provided by our guests and appreciate the extra time you have taken to provide this information. We are very pleased to read your stay was an enjoyable experience. It is rewarding to see the investment made in training paying dividends; rest assured I will share your comments with the Team. Thank you and we hope to be of service again very soon.
wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed at the Eaglewood Resort and Spa in Itasca for a conference. I had been told that it was an old property and it was stuck in the 70's but that wasn't the case at all. It has been upgraded and I was pleasantly surprized with all aspects of my stay. The conference room was clean and useful but there was some confusion about the wifi. As we all settled in to our spaces and pulled out our laptops and ipads, we found out that the room was not wireless. We were told that we would be once we got into our rooms and that it was part of the room fee. The food was outstanding-the breakout treats, buffet, dinner in the dining room-all wonderful. Dining servers were outstanding. As we finished our departure morning breakfast, the seater recognized us as members of our group and our server offered coffee to-go cups. Outstanding efforts! The room was clean, had new huge flat screen TV, and had great bedding. I would like to take my family there some day.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank hotelsrfunforus
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to share your very positive experience at Eaglewood Resort and Spa with us. It is rewarding to see the investment made in training paying dividends; rest assured I will share your comments with the Team. We are sorry for the confusion regarding the Internet connection in the meeting room. These connections are determined by group needs with access codes listed in individual meeting rooms. Thank you again and we hope to be of service soon. Best regards.
London, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

I stayed with my mother for 2 nights, the breakfast buffet was brilliant, the spa amazing. The pool was a bit lacking in the luxury feel, no loungers just chairs, but empty and perfect for a swim. The saunas and jacuzzi were brilliant too.
Service was great, and we got free wifi in the rooms which was a lovely touch. Although appreciate some people may have to pay for this.
Parking was right outside, and plentiful.
Really recommend this hotel for anyone needing some rest before flying from O'Hare Airport.

Room Tip: some of the rooms are miles away from reception, so request a room close by if you can.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay at Eaglewood this past weekend, rest assured I will share your sentiments with our team. We appreciate you choosing us for your getaway and look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Best regards.
Arlington Heights, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Can't say enough great things about our stay. Stayed 2 nights over the new years eve holiday, with adults and kids, awesome experience is all I can say. From the friendly staff, to the beautiful facilities, bowling, pool, golf simulator, game room, swimming, steam ect. just awesome. Staff bend over backwards to make it special, and they actually seem to be happy to be there. I am a seasoned traveler and this hotel has to rate in my top 5 experiences of all time. The bartender in the lower bar should get a raise "Eddie" I think was his name, was excellent and watching him run the new years eve party with all the kids was just plain entertaining. My compliments to management and staff, great job.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to share your very positive experience at Eaglewood Resort and Spa with us. It is rewarding to see the investment made in training paying dividends, rest assured I will share your kind comments with Eddie and the rest of the Team. Thank you again and we hope to be of service again soon. Best regards.
Crystal Lake, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

I attended a wedding in November and stayed the night at Eaglewood. From the moment I walked through the door into the huge, beautiful lobby, I encountered only helpful and friendly staff. From the people behind the check in counter, to the folks who clean up after the guests and carry luggage, to the managers I saw -- I couldn't have been happier with the service I got and saw others get. At the risk of sounding too cliche, they actually seemed to care about me and didn't treat me as just another credit card number in the hotel. Also, I should note, all this wasn't some fluke. Not only have I been to this hotel a time or two before and got the same level of excellent service, I've talked to friends who have had the same experiences as me.

In the era of chain hotels plopped down across every interstate exit (yeah, I'm looking at you Holiday Inn, changing your logo doesn't fool me!), it was refreshing to stay at such a unique hotel. It doesn't have your traditional 3 floor, rectangle layout that you see in most hotels. The ballrooms, lobby, etc are separate from the actual hotel rooms. More so, some of rooms are also very unique to what you see in a traditional hotel, especially in the Midwest. I've seen both types of rooms, and even your more common room layout was fully updated with a high quality LED TV and the bathroom looked like it was just remodeled and was never used before. Usually even the cleanest hotel room will show signs of wear in tear in the room but the rooms I saw anyway, I would swear they were brand new and never used. The sheets were clean, the pillows were fluffy, the bed was comfortable. Yes, something you except from a hotel, but not something you always get. All of this clearly demonstrated to me that the staff at all levels of the hotel care about maintaining and running the hotel and aren't just doing the bare minimum. Best part, my room overlooked the golf course and I could see Chicago in the distant skyline.

More important than clean rooms, friendly staff, hotel room layouts and soft pillows was how they actually handled my friend's wedding. How they turned that ballroom into that beautifully laid out, beautifully lighted reception hall is beyond me. Every time I looked around, I could see the staff activity working, from helping the bride to be sure her wedding was perfect (and she says it was) to cleaning up, serving food, serving drinks -- I was very impressed. They had another wedding going on around the same time and not once did I feel that the wedding I was at was being neglected due to the other wedding. Had I not seen the other bride and groom, I would have had no idea another wedding had happened. That's a testament to the staff they have working these weddings. Also, the food was excellent. The way the food was presented on the plate and how it tasted overall, I wanted to ask the bride and groom if they hired some top chef from Chicago to prepare the food. It was all excellent.

All in all, not only would I stay here again and recommend the same to family and friends, I would feel 100% confident suggesting this place to friends and family if they were looking for a place to have a wedding.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Quick2822
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to share your very positive experience at Eaglewood Resort and Spa with us. It is rewarding to see the investment made in training paying dividends. I shared your comments with the Team; they were all thrilled to read your review. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back. Best regards.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Itasca
Hyatt Place Itasca
#1 of 5 in Itasca
Near North Side
The Langham, Chicago
The Langham, Chicago
#2 of 187 in Chicago
5.0 of 5 bubbles 2,134 reviews

Been to Eaglewood Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!