“Awesome stay”

Eaglewood Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Itasca
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Can't say enough great things about our stay. Stayed 2 nights over the new years eve holiday, with adults and kids, awesome experience is all I can say. From the friendly staff, to the beautiful facilities, bowling, pool, golf simulator, game room, swimming, steam ect. just awesome. Staff bend over backwards to make it special, and they actually seem to be happy to be there. I am a seasoned traveler and this hotel has to rate in my top 5 experiences of all time. The bartender in the lower bar should get a raise "Eddie" I think was his name, was excellent and watching him run the new years eve party with all the kids was just plain entertaining. My compliments to management and staff, great job.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to share your very positive experience at Eaglewood Resort and Spa with us. It is rewarding to see the investment made in training paying dividends, rest assured I will share your kind comments with Eddie and the rest of the Team. Thank you again and we hope to be of service again soon. Best regards.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

I attended a wedding in November and stayed the night at Eaglewood. From the moment I walked through the door into the huge, beautiful lobby, I encountered only helpful and friendly staff. From the people behind the check in counter, to the folks who clean up after the guests and carry luggage, to the managers I saw -- I couldn't have been happier with the service I got and saw others get. At the risk of sounding too cliche, they actually seemed to care about me and didn't treat me as just another credit card number in the hotel. Also, I should note, all this wasn't some fluke. Not only have I been to this hotel a time or two before and got the same level of excellent service, I've talked to friends who have had the same experiences as me.

In the era of chain hotels plopped down across every interstate exit (yeah, I'm looking at you Holiday Inn, changing your logo doesn't fool me!), it was refreshing to stay at such a unique hotel. It doesn't have your traditional 3 floor, rectangle layout that you see in most hotels. The ballrooms, lobby, etc are separate from the actual hotel rooms. More so, some of rooms are also very unique to what you see in a traditional hotel, especially in the Midwest. I've seen both types of rooms, and even your more common room layout was fully updated with a high quality LED TV and the bathroom looked like it was just remodeled and was never used before. Usually even the cleanest hotel room will show signs of wear in tear in the room but the rooms I saw anyway, I would swear they were brand new and never used. The sheets were clean, the pillows were fluffy, the bed was comfortable. Yes, something you except from a hotel, but not something you always get. All of this clearly demonstrated to me that the staff at all levels of the hotel care about maintaining and running the hotel and aren't just doing the bare minimum. Best part, my room overlooked the golf course and I could see Chicago in the distant skyline.

More important than clean rooms, friendly staff, hotel room layouts and soft pillows was how they actually handled my friend's wedding. How they turned that ballroom into that beautifully laid out, beautifully lighted reception hall is beyond me. Every time I looked around, I could see the staff activity working, from helping the bride to be sure her wedding was perfect (and she says it was) to cleaning up, serving food, serving drinks -- I was very impressed. They had another wedding going on around the same time and not once did I feel that the wedding I was at was being neglected due to the other wedding. Had I not seen the other bride and groom, I would have had no idea another wedding had happened. That's a testament to the staff they have working these weddings. Also, the food was excellent. The way the food was presented on the plate and how it tasted overall, I wanted to ask the bride and groom if they hired some top chef from Chicago to prepare the food. It was all excellent.

All in all, not only would I stay here again and recommend the same to family and friends, I would feel 100% confident suggesting this place to friends and family if they were looking for a place to have a wedding.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Quick2822
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to share your very positive experience at Eaglewood Resort and Spa with us. It is rewarding to see the investment made in training paying dividends. I shared your comments with the Team; they were all thrilled to read your review. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back. Best regards.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have stayed many times in the Eaglewood over the past 6 years.The staff are the friendliest I have ever met in any hotel in the world.They welcome you as a friend of the family whenever you return.The management often use the same dining facilities at the end of the day and therefore sample what their guests have for dinner.
I often bring my wife to the hotel when I am in Chicago.{she would not go anywhere else}{we are based in UK}.
The key to the success of this hotel is the friendliness of the staff

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bill S
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

We always value feedback provided by our guests and appreciate the extra time you have taken to provide this information. I have shared this message with everyone at Eaglewood and we are pleased to read your stays are an enjoyable experience at Eaglewood Resort.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I recently stayed at Eaglewood for a wedding I attended. The entire weekend was beautiful and capped off by the wonderful accommodations and friendly staff. Every staff person we encountered was friendly and helpful. It is obvious that they pride themselves on customer service and exceptional employees. I have been in the ballroom at Eaglewood for other events but they really know how to transform it for a wedding! I have never been to a more beautiful wedding- including my own! Between the lobby and the golf course, there are plenty of great places for photo opportunities. The rooms are comfortable and spacious. I also enjoy that it isn't a "cookie cutter" hotel/resort, very unique layout! This trip to Eaglewood I also took advantage of the spa and had a manicure/pedicure. Both of my technicians were so friendly and really made our party feel comfortable. Great and relaxing experience!

Room Tip: If you stay in certain rooms higher up, you can see the Chicago skyline!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to share your very positive experience at Eaglewood Resort and Spa with us. It is rewarding to see the investment made in training paying dividends; rest assured I will share your comments with the Team. Thank you again and we hope to be of service very soon. Best regards.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I arrived at the Eaglewood Resort on a Sunday for a conference that started on Monday, and the place was deserted, with the lobby bar and restaurant closed. My room, spacious in size and sparsely furnished, had a balcony overlooking the parking lot. As I settled in to bed, I realized the parking lot lights were shining brightly through two triangular uncurtained windows over the sliding glass doors. And with the interior lights off, the room was extremely light. Add to that the uncomfortable mattress and the fact the room was so hot (this was December, mind you), that I only managed to catch a few hours of sleep with a towel over my eyes and the heat completely powered off.

When I complained the next morning, the front desk staff offered to move me, but I had already unpacked, plus the conference was starting.

I found the service ranged from helpful to untrained to downright indifferent. The architecture of the wing with the guest rooms is bizarre, and you will indeed walk quite a ways to get to anywhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back of the hotel, not the front, which overlooks the brightly lit parking...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CoolAZMom
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Eaglewood with us, only through the efforts of guests like you are we able to identify our areas in need of improvement. I am disappointed to learn of the problems you had with your guest room. Your experience is not typical of what we are accustomed to providing our guests, rest assured the comments will be addressed with the respective team members.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Golf course has been going down hill for years now. This season I played there in the spring, summer and fall. All 3 times the course was in poor condition. The putting greens were spray painted green to cover the dead, diseased areas. Several greens were roped off and a hole was cut in the fairway. Hotel is old. You can see the paint peeling off. Overpriced, over rated.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank bman414
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

My apologies your golf experience was not what you expected. This year was a challenging one for our golf course. We acknowledge the course was not up to our previous high standards and have invested in the resources needed to bring it back. Rest assured next year we will be back. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to address your concerns. Best regards.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I loved this place, great vibe, nice people to deal with, beautiful property....but.... it's SO long and winding throughout the property. If you're going by yourself, this would be a great location. If you're going for golf, again - great location. Weddings? We saw four of them in three days there and they all seemed very happy. Going there with a sports team? Not so much. To say this property is sprawling is an understatement. We got lost, couldn't find kids, etc. But this is a complaint for groups only. Otherwise a beautiful property. Would also recommend bringing your own drinks - the bar is REALLY expensive.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at Eaglewood, rest assured I will share your sentiments with our team. We appreciate you choosing us for your getaway and look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Best regards.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Itasca
The Westin Chicago Northwest
Hyatt Place Itasca
Hyatt Place Itasca
#1 of 5 in Itasca
Hampton Inn & Suites Addison
2 mi away
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Itasca
Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area)
Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, Chicago

Been to Eaglewood Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!