“Great facilities -”

Eaglewood Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Itasca
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Good weekend resort - stayed here for three days for a company retreat. We all enjoyed the facilities and the fact that it was close to O'hare airport.

Staff were very focused and helpful. Rooms were slightly dated but comfortable and big. Exercise room was small and can get crowded in the mornings.

Great buffet breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay with us, rest assured I will share your feedback with the team. We hope we have the pleasure to be of service in the not too distant future.

There are newer reviews for Eaglewood Resort & Spa

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I live pretty close to the area and have been coming for their live music on the patio on Saturday nights. Their golf course does have reasonable rates normally and even gave free hot dogs on one of my rounds this year. I just stayed for a wedding recently and as usual the service was friendly. From the front desk team to the spa team you did a great job. See you soon!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

We always value feedback provided by our guests and appreciate the extra time you have taken to provide this information. I have shared this message with everyone at Eaglewood and we are pleased to read your stay was an enjoyable experience at Eaglewood Resort.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We visited for a wedding in August of 2012 and there were bed bugs in our room. Other than that the service was excellent and the grounds were lovely. We contacted the resort and they said they would look into it. If you are considering staying here or are attending a wedding here I would definitely be sure to ask about bed bugs and what they have done to deal with the problem and make sure to check your room when you get there.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank a2traveler_mom
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

We are extremely sorry for this occurrence, and immediately took active steps to correct it with the proper authorities. As this situation has become an issue for major US cities such as Chicago, we have a protocol in place to address it. When we were informed by our guest, we immediately took the room out of inventory, brought in the Pest Control, and will place the room back into inventory when the authorities have given it an all clear.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

My fiance surprised me with an overnight here and we had a great stay. He purchased the couples package which included a welcome basket with champagne upon arrival, breakfast, a 30 minute massage for each of us and 2 drinks at one of the hotel bars. Needless to say, we had plenty to eat and drink while we were there. We enjoyed a motown band in the bar while sipping our complimentary drinks. We took advantage of the pool and hot tub while we were there and both were nice. Our massages were a nice escape and the spa is very conducive to relaxation. The breakfast buffet was huge and there were a lot of choices. Everything was hot and constantly being replenished as it ran out.

You will do a lot of walking at this hotel. We were confused about the layout and how to get to our room, but we eventually found it. I also think it's strange that you have to walk outside to get to the pool and the spa. What do people do in the winter?

We really enjoyed our stay here. The hotel was quiet and it was nice to escape reality for an overnight.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jls522
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay at Eaglewood this past weekend, rest assured I will share your sentiments with our team. We appreciate you choosing us for your getaway and look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Best regards.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Played 18 holes on Monday August 7th. Paid $110.00 for two people to ride which is the regular rate. The greens were in such sad shape that they were virtually unplayable. There were actually many greens with large areas roped off that had "Free Drop" signs in them. It was ridiculous. I was actually shocked that the pro shop said nothing or volunteered a reduced rate when we checked in. After the round, I went back to the pro shop to discuss. The person there was apologetic and completely agreed. When I asked for at least a partial refund, I was told no remedy was available.
He said he had been asking his supervisor what they could do and was getting no where. Really disappointing for a small resort to have this kind of attitude towards the people who are paying full price to golf here. Don't waste your money, this course will not recover this season. At least not with this management.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Thank you for the feedback, while we experienced some challenges on the course the past 2 weeks we are taking remedial steps that are successful. The response you received from the pro shop is however unacceptable.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I recently stayed at Eaglewood for a week while visiting Itasca on a business trip. Having a week to explore the entire property was terrific as there is quite a bit to do! The spa service was on time, right when I arrived. I wouldn't exactly call myself a regular spa goer, but I felt at ease and fully welcomed. The Moroccan Oil hand cream was simply incredible! I also enjoyed bowling, breakfast at their buffet each morning and dinners at the pub downstairs. Highly recommend the mahi-mahi sandwich! The night before I left there was live music outside by the golf course which was just perfect. And on the day I left, I even was offered a free shuttle ride to the train station!

I'll certainly be back for another visit!

Room Tip: Golf view is awesome!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We've golfed Eaglewood, nothing special. We've stayed there another time, clean rooms.
But, this time we only went to the spa. We ordered 2, 30 minute treatments and the second
treatment turned into a 60 minute treatment. Time really flies when you are laying on a table,
and before you know it, 60 minutes have gone by and you have had a treatment you did not
order. I had a facial, and when I arrived home that afternoon, I found a bunch of little black spots all over my face, I was from the mud pack I received and the mud was not all cleaned off my face. Then there was some kind of moisturizer put on my face over that and my face was greasey for 2 days.To top that off, they must not pay thier employees well, there is an automatic, mandatory 20% gratuity slapped onto your bill and a $14 "Open an account service charge".
They are really good at spending your money.....So watch your bill, questions all charges before you make them.Verify appointments, fees and charges.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

We are so sorry that you were unhappy with your treatment at the Spa and apologize for the misunderstanding when booking the duration of your service, I understand the Manager on Duty at the time adjusted the bill. Also, please be assured that while a 20% gratuity was added to your bill, which is standard for our industry, there was no extra fee added for opening an account. This notation on your receipt refers to the Open Activity (the name of our software) Service charge- or, in other words, the gratuity. Nothing extra was added on top of that. Regarding the effects of the facial: please contact our Spa Manager at (630) 773-1400 ext. 5905; she would welcome the opportunity to discuss any concerns you may have.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Itasca
Hyatt Place Itasca
The Peninsula Chicago
#3 of 191 in Chicago
Magnificent Mile
Four Seasons Hotel Chicago

Been to Eaglewood Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!