“Come On Man, Do The Right Thing!”

Eaglewood Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Itasca
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Played 18 holes on Monday August 7th. Paid $110.00 for two people to ride which is the regular rate. The greens were in such sad shape that they were virtually unplayable. There were actually many greens with large areas roped off that had "Free Drop" signs in them. It was ridiculous. I was actually shocked that the pro shop said nothing or volunteered a reduced rate when we checked in. After the round, I went back to the pro shop to discuss. The person there was apologetic and completely agreed. When I asked for at least a partial refund, I was told no remedy was available.
He said he had been asking his supervisor what they could do and was getting no where. Really disappointing for a small resort to have this kind of attitude towards the people who are paying full price to golf here. Don't waste your money, this course will not recover this season. At least not with this management.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Thank you for the feedback, while we experienced some challenges on the course the past 2 weeks we are taking remedial steps that are successful. The response you received from the pro shop is however unacceptable.

There are newer reviews for Eaglewood Resort & Spa

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I recently stayed at Eaglewood for a week while visiting Itasca on a business trip. Having a week to explore the entire property was terrific as there is quite a bit to do! The spa service was on time, right when I arrived. I wouldn't exactly call myself a regular spa goer, but I felt at ease and fully welcomed. The Moroccan Oil hand cream was simply incredible! I also enjoyed bowling, breakfast at their buffet each morning and dinners at the pub downstairs. Highly recommend the mahi-mahi sandwich! The night before I left there was live music outside by the golf course which was just perfect. And on the day I left, I even was offered a free shuttle ride to the train station!

I'll certainly be back for another visit!

Room Tip: Golf view is awesome!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2012

We always value feedback provided by our guests and appreciate the extra time you have taken to provide this information. I have shared this message with everyone at Eaglewood and we are pleased to read your stay was an enjoyable experience at Eaglewood Resort.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We've golfed Eaglewood, nothing special. We've stayed there another time, clean rooms.
But, this time we only went to the spa. We ordered 2, 30 minute treatments and the second
treatment turned into a 60 minute treatment. Time really flies when you are laying on a table,
and before you know it, 60 minutes have gone by and you have had a treatment you did not
order. I had a facial, and when I arrived home that afternoon, I found a bunch of little black spots all over my face, I was from the mud pack I received and the mud was not all cleaned off my face. Then there was some kind of moisturizer put on my face over that and my face was greasey for 2 days.To top that off, they must not pay thier employees well, there is an automatic, mandatory 20% gratuity slapped onto your bill and a $14 "Open an account service charge".
They are really good at spending your money.....So watch your bill, questions all charges before you make them.Verify appointments, fees and charges.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

We are so sorry that you were unhappy with your treatment at the Spa and apologize for the misunderstanding when booking the duration of your service, I understand the Manager on Duty at the time adjusted the bill. Also, please be assured that while a 20% gratuity was added to your bill, which is standard for our industry, there was no extra fee added for opening an account. This notation on your receipt refers to the Open Activity (the name of our software) Service charge- or, in other words, the gratuity. Nothing extra was added on top of that. Regarding the effects of the facial: please contact our Spa Manager at (630) 773-1400 ext. 5905; she would welcome the opportunity to discuss any concerns you may have.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

We stayed here for one night for our 27th wedding anniversary. The lobby is tastefully decorated and the guest rooms were nice. We had a balcony (which is rather large) with a golf view on the 10th floor. The view was great.They had a fireworks display which we enjoyed from our room. Everything was clean as it should be. We didn't walk to the other building where the pool and bowling alley is so I can't comment on that. Nor did we eat at the resort. The only negative thing is that I was told the resort fee includes two bottles of water in the room. The water bottles had $4 each on them so we didn't drink them. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Debradale
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at Eaglewood, rest assured I will share your sentiments with our team. We appreciate you choosing us for your getaway and look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Best regards.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed for our 2 year wedding anniversary. Overall the stay was wonderful. The room was very clean, the beds were firm, but extremely comfortable as were the pillows, the view from the 10th floor of the golf course was amazing. We opted to dine in the room and the menu was extensive.The food was delivered to order, warm and was very good. We had the romance package that included our stay, a welcome basket, bottle of champagne, two free drinks, free breakfast and a 30 minute Swedish couples massage. The breakfast buffet was much better than I expected and everything tasted really good. Also, the staff was very pleasant and had a professional appearance. The pool and Spa were great and the massage was so relaxing and I felt very comfortable with the massage techs. Two things that I thought were neat, the shower had a shampoo, conditioner and soap dispenser and the alarm clock was an i Home clock so we were able to play our ipod.
Only negative, when they brought up our champagne the glasses were really really dirty. Other than that the stay was better than we expected and we are already planning our next stay!

Room Tip: For an AMAZING view, opt for a high floor and a golf course view. There was no extra charge when we...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JezzicaC
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay at Eaglewood this past weekend, rest assured I will share your sentiments with our team. We appreciate you choosing us for your getaway and look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Best regards.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

Stayed here now three times, consistently a great place for meetings, but not that easy for commute into Chicago for dining and shows (can get a train ride, but many stops, and quits after 11pm, takes 30-60 minutes each way).

The rooms and facilities are very nice, comparable to Marriot or Hilton in most cases, with marble-like surfaces in bathrooms, great bedding and pillows, large flat screen TV, and excellent business desk. But the hotel rooms are a several hundred yard stroll indoors from the hotel lobby, and the very nice spa and fitness center are acoss a road about 100 yards outside in a separate building. There are two OLD elevators servicing all the hotel rooms, and one never worked during this recent stay, so fortunately I was on a low floor and could use the stairs.

During my business stay, my wife tried to schedule a spa treatment, but there was a small wedding party that had booked all the treatments, and the facility failed to schedule extra help for this, so everyone else in the hotel was out of luck.

They have one fairly nice restaurant, but it is combined with a bar so lacks atmosphere. There are NO other on-location choices.

The small convention function was VERY well run, but I would NOT chose this destination for family or couples wanting to visit Chicago.

Room Tip: Stay in a room on the first two floors to avoid slow elevator service.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
CharlesReece, General Manager at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us about your recent stay. Your comments are well received and have been shared with our staff. I know you were here on business however starting memorial weekend we are offering live music on the patio on Friday and Saturday nights. We hope you give us the opportunity to welcome you back, I am confident you will enjoy it.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

I was there for a conference and I thought the meeting facilities and services were terrific. The food in the Prarie River room was quite good and service there great as well. The rooms are a little dated, but clean and well preserved. Would have a meeting there anytime.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to share your positive experience at Eaglewood Resort and Spa with us. I will share your comments with the Team. Thank you again and we hope to be of service in the near future. Best regards.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Itasca
Hyatt Place Itasca
The Peninsula Chicago
#3 of 191 in Chicago
Magnificent Mile
Four Seasons Hotel Chicago

Been to Eaglewood Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!