“Disappointed”

Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Disappointed”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Took visiting family to a place I previously would have been proud of for dinner and drinks. The patio was busy, not packed and the bar/restaurant was dead. As we walked in we were greeted with dirty looks by the woman behind the bar. The jerk that waited on us greeted us by saying if we intended to order food we would be waiting 20+ minutes. We said that's ok and he acted like a 16 year old being told he couldn't use the car. He rolled his eyes and acted like we were solely responsible for his unhappiness. We slurped down the drink we ordered and told him we were leaving and he didn't even attempt to reconcile his attitude. I'm embarrassed that I hyped this dump up to my family! :(

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Forcryeye

Davenport, Iowa
“wow great spot”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Driving through and checked trip advisor for suggestions. This was #1 so we gave it a try. Everything was Fantastic. Portions huge price small. Fried cheese balls not greesy and tons of them. We had hot Italian, queso chicken wrap and Philly cheese sandwiches. Tots, fries and sweet potatoe fries. Worth the trip. Lots of locals and in old part of town.

• Visited August 2013
Lake in the Hills, Illinois, United States
“Parkside Pub Huntley, IL”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I have eaten there probably 50 times over the past 2 years for lunch or dinner and up until last night was my favorite place. Though the patio was full the bar tables were empty so no excuse for being busy. First it took 25 minutes to be acknowledged and get drinks while tables sat after us were 1/2 way through their first round. 1 1/2 hours later 4 tables sat after us had there entrees and 1 was paid up and leaving. We had nothing. Then the owner (we found out later) came and told us they were out one of our orders and we were 3rd order from being done. The kids were starving so for the first time ever we walked out of a place before being served and resorted to Mc Donalds. When the bill came (yes they actually charged us) nothing was reduced or any effort by the owner to try to save a customer. VERY Disheartening!! Apparently they don't need our business or yours if your reading this. Watching the service this was the fault of the waitress (The other one was turning tables like crazy) A poorly expedited kitchen and a owner who doesn't care.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank BillMeyer211
Chicago, Illinois
“Good food, good prices, friendly employees”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I used to visit here regularly for lunch when I worked closer. Now that our company has moved, I haven't gone as often.

They have great specials. 1/2 price burgers on Mondays, and my favorite, the Parmesan beef melt on Thursdays. It's delicious.

They offer tater tots (a big hit with my co-workers) instead of fries. Their prices are really reasonable, and the servers are always super-friendly.

They have groupons and restaurant.com certificates, so you can't beat the prices. They have outdoor seating in the summer, and a huge bar in the center of the restaurant, so if you want to watch a game while eating, no problem.

We love it here.

• Visited May 2013
Chicago
“great pub food”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

we visit Parkside about once a month for a quick dinner or lunch. Everything I've had there has been very good. I love that they offer tater tots! The pulled pork sandwich is outstanding. They don't use a lot of BBQ sauce so the flavor is in the pork and it's GREAT! I love that they havea pretty large outside sitting area. It's must seat 100 people. Each table outside has an umbrella and they have a covered bar area that sits probably a dozen people. They even have 2 large flat screen TV's out there if you are there to watch a game. There are pleanty of flat screens inside as well and on a game game there's a pretty big croud there so you must get there early to get a seat. There are only 3 booths available. The rest of the seating is with up at the bar (inside) or a few hightops. There are 4 regualr tables all the way in the back of the pub which is kind of set back which gives you a bit more privacy if that's what you want. All in all, a nice casual place to grab a bite.

• Visited June 2013