“The BEST Apple Cider Donuts and so much more!!”

Tom's Farm Market and Greenhouse
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Huntley
Algonquin, Illinois
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“The BEST Apple Cider Donuts and so much more!!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Our family just loves Tom's Farm! It is a family run business and it shows! Everyone is very friendly and helpful! Often you can see Tom himself interacting with customers and his employees, he is a hands on owner!

I am not kidding when I say they have the very best Apple Cider donuts than anywhere around. I have tried other farms and stores and they don't compare! I also discovered that I love their blueberry pie! I didn't even know I liked that kind of pie but by far now it's my fav kind and it has to be bought from Tom's.

They also have a lovely place to eat lunch with many homemade choices. Its so nice that the room off to the side of the cafe where you eat in is dedicated to Tom's Wife that has passed, its very sweet.

Last year they also hosted a nighttime Fall Festival Night and we so hope they do that again as it was fun for the whole family and it was a good price.

I saw an an earlier post that it was pricey...yes and no, you pay for the homemade quality you get, and it soooo worth it!

Thanks Tom for staying in business in Huntley for so long. You are an icon of our community!!

CJ :)

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Cbjhome

Baraboo, Wisconsin
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Good old fashion fun”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Tom's market is a family run business and it shows. Everyone is super friendly. They have great seasonal events all year round. It is just a nice place to spend an day with the family or swing in for farm fresh pies, and veggies.

Visited November 2012
Mississauga, Canada
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 131 helpful votes
“Getting a bit expensive”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Been going there every year for 5+ years and noticed this year the costs of rides and admission to the patch have crept up. A family of 5 will spend ca $50 if they want the kids to have a couple of rides and they all go into the pumpkin patch.

Visited October 2012
Chicago, IL
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Exceptional Pumpkin Patch”
Reviewed October 22, 2009

Outstanding pumpkin patch and farm!!!!!!!!!!!! We had such a GREAT day........arrived around 1 pm and went right inside to buy their World Famous donuts and taffy apples....had to have something to snack on. This is a family tradition, and while development has been creeping in all around the farm, they still have enough land to feel like you are in the country. And everyone who works here is very friendly and will go out of their way to help. Parking is in their paved lot and in the grass fields. There were a lot of people there but it never felt crowded.

Please see my blog at http://talesfromtheroad-mwalno.blogspot.com/

I headed to the ticket booth and unloaded some dough....$5 for each of us to get into the corn maze, petting zoo, kids stuff.......and 20 tickets for rides (only $15).

The kids LOVED the corn maze, and the little guy loved the train, animals, hay pile, but most of all the huge pile of corn that all the little ones could play in. We probably spent 2 hours there...

Then we went to the ride are and rode the pumpkin train (lots of fun and worth the 20 minute wait), pumpkin jumpy/bouncy, and train slide/fun house, and Kara had her face painted.

Then it was finally time to pick some pumpkins......and the display was HUGE.....every size and shape. You could ride the hay ride into the field, but there were more than enough on display....and they were pretty cheap at $3.99, $5.00 and $7.99 (although I don't know how much pumpkins cost elsewhere).

Then I made the mistake of going inside to pay......they have all kinds of neat Halloween "stuff' and we bought some candle holders and other nicknack's........

A great day of family fun!!!! If you have little guys this is a great place to spend a few hours.

Total - $135.00 (for all of our stuff....I asked the girl who was at the register if that was the record for the day and it was!)