“Quaint Goodness!”

Ranked #5 of 54 Restaurants in Homewood
Chicago, Illinois
“Quaint Goodness!”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I have been going to Blueberry Hill Pancake House for a few years now. I like ambiance of this quaint family owned restaurant. When entering the establishment you can tell that it has been around for several years. They have old pictures hanging on the walls of a time long ago.

The staff is nice and they make you feel welcome. Now....the food! It's delicious! I must admit that when I like a breakfast food, I typically get the same thing every time I go to breakfast restaurants. I usually get French toast with strawberry glaze and whipped cream, scrambled eggs, and a side of bacon. I usually drink coffee or orange juice along with my meal. I also appreciate that they have flavored creamer for the coffee. This entrée is delicious at this restaurant. I also love their veggie omelet. I order it with pepper jack cheese and raisin bread. It also comes with your choice of potatoes or fruit. I always get the potatoes. I always have food to bring home after eating here. The portion sizes are large and prices are reasonable. They also offer a coupon which can be reused. I would definitely recommend this place for anyone looking for a tasty, old style restaurant.

• Visited July 2014

Chicago
“Recommended by the doctor's office - I don't know why!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Visiting an eye specialist in the area and they recommended this place for breakfast. Churned out breakfast at a decent pace but would have waited for eggs and potatoes not being overdone to the point of bacon being so tough it was hard to chew. I enjoy a great diner but between the service, the tacky decor and very mediocre food; it would be hard to recommend this place let alone give it another try.

• Visited June 2014
Homewood, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent breakfast stop”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

It is worth a visit to this restaurant if you are in Homewood. Their skillets and Omelets are delicious and I would recommend them. The restaurant is especially busy on the weekends. The service is good and you will most likely bring food home.

Visited May 2014
Homewood, Illinois
“Wonderful breakfast spot! Try the baked blueberry french toast!!!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have eaten here several times and have never been disappointed! The food is very good, quantity of food is large, and is consistent in quality. The baked blueberry French toast is the best I have ever eaten. It is served with a cream cheese topping. I get it on the side because otherwise it smothers the toast because they give you so much of it. They have healthy yogurt & granola treat for breakfast that makes you forget that it is good for you! Eggs of all kinds are good and there are daily specials to choose from that are tempting, too.
If you like regular cream you will have to ask for that... on the table are all flavored little creamers. But they will bring it to you with a smile.
You are getting quality food served the way you hoped it would.
Sometimes parking is tight... but you can park in the big lot behind them.

• Visited February 2014
Midlothian
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Food and Service”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I've been to this restaurant a few times with friends and it has always been consistently good. The portions are huge, so you're likely to take some home with you. It is usually busy and a little congested but I've never had to wait too long for food. I will certainly be back.

• Visited November 2012