“Great food and Service”

Ranked #8 of 56 Restaurants in Homewood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Have been to the Balagio several times and have never been disappointed. The food has always been excellent as well as the service. Another great aspect of the Balagio is that the prices are reasonable. Great food, service and prices; a winning combination.

2  Thank JackV0611

Reviewed November 26, 2012

My boyfriend just loves this place, as well as myself. Service is wonderful and so is the food. Nice atmosphere, drinks are really good as well. We hit this place at least once a month to get our fill of Italian!

1  Thank marciela6358
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I've only been here once before, but i got the same thing when i went on my date--the roasted chicken.. its absolutely wonderful!!! nice glass of reisling, and my date had the salmon--which he really enjoyed also..

1  Thank catgirlkmh
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Place ws OK. The food is average, ordinary, plain Italian. Better than Olive Garden, to be sure, but miles and miles and miles below Spiaggia.

1  Thank sguandal
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We have been going to Balagio for years. It used to be in the heart of downtown Homewood. Now they are in the old Surma's on Dixie Highway. The owners pretty much "gutted" Surmas (& Mama Leonas after Surma's), and turned it into a gorgeous atmosphere.

The food is always wonderful---appetizers are great. Surprisingly, for an Italian, they serve one of the best blue cheese burgers I've ever eaten. One of the few south suburban restaurants open for lunch. The menu is more limited than some Italians, but the quality is superb, no matter what you order. And there are nightly specials. Whenever we bring friends who have never eaten here, they love it! I really don't even like Lasagna, but I order it here twice a year. The best!!

The "on-the-ball" servers are always so kind---they do get to know you after a couple of visits. Upscale dining at very reasonable prices. Great Italian bread and butter, too. Good drinks at reasonable prices---also, nice Italian birras and wines. We always walk out satisfied & with smiles on our faces. And the parking lot is humungous! You can never go wrong dining at Balagio's!

1  Thank mathgenius

Been to Balagio? Share your experiences!