“Don't waste your time”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I went here on a Thurs. for a girl's night. We had a reservation. They offered us a table in the bar. A rather rude man told us that the reservation was not a guarantee of a table in the dining room and that it was loud all over the restaurant. We were seated at a tall pub table under a dome of stained glass.(weird) The whole place was weird-if you like eclectic, you may like this. There was a stuffed tiger behind me. Because of the dome we were under I could hear other conversations being reflected off the dome and straight to my ears. The waitress was over-worked and forgot our water. The drinks were decent. The app. we had was nothing special-potato and bacon spring roll. It was recommended. The food was affordable-and this seemed to attract elderly people. I saw at least 5 nearly 80 looking people when I came it. I had shrimp dijon. It was saturated in butter and had no flavor. Here is my favorite part-the vacuum started running in the dining room at 9:45. It was incredibly rude and a sign they all wanted to go home. I would never go here again.

3  Thank citygirlgonesub

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Interesting interior,many different food choices, food like home cooked - delicious, service very good. Check out ceiling

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Went here for date night. Very crowded and waited around a half hour for a table. Excellent service. We ordered oysters Rockefeller and it was pretty good. Beef stroganoff was good as well. Wine and martinis are very reasonably priced. The menu is huge so we are looking forward to going back and trying other items.

1  Thank Andrea N
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have eaten here twice, once for lunch and once for dinner. Both times the service was very good and the food came out fast and hot. For lunch we ended up sitting close to the kitchen so the owner comes out and brings us a pizza we didn’t order. He stated an extra one was made by mistake so he gave it to us on the house. This was a thin crust pizza that had pears and gorgonzola cheese. I know it sounds awful but it was fantastic. It had more ingredients on it but I forgot what they were. I set my burger aside and finished the pizza. I was pleasantly amazed.
The dinner was eaten in the bar next to a Indian Motorcycle that I would love to have. I had beef stroganoff just like Mom use to make. Overall a pleasant experience and would go back there again. The place fills up quick since it is relatively new to the area so go early if you can.

1  Thank smw65
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The Stone Eagle Tavern is new to the Hoffman - South Barrington area and can be found on the SW corner of Higgins & 59. The menu is robust, great options and features Cajun, Vegetarian & Louisiana Style cooking. They feature "Jungle Jim" favorites which are classic recipes featuring items such as JJ Shrimp & Crab Salad, Jimmy's Jambalaya Sandwich, Apricot Brie Chicken Sandwich, JJ's Burger featuring applewood bacon, chedder cheese & avacado, Brick Oven Pizza's and much more! There is a featured kids menu so families are welcome. Kid entrees include Lasagna, Fried Shrimp, Grilled Chicken as well as the usual Mac & Cheese, Chicken Fingers, Burgers etc... For those looking to satisfy a sweet tooth, the menu also features delicious desserts. Great options such as Beignets, Deep Fried Cheesecake & Sweet Strawberry Shortcakes - even a fried "Twinkie" if a new supplier comes through!

Keep in mind this is a new hot spot so during peak times, the wait can be long! Reservations are taken and the staff is extremely cordial & accommodating! Also, if you are looking for a place for some quiet conversation, this is not it as the noise level is high. Having said this, it is a fun place with lots of energy that combined with good food makes for a fun night out!

WWW.STONEEAGLETAVERN.INFO