“Clean, nice hotel with swell access to Sears Centre”

Chicago Marriott Northwest
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Hoffman Estates
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Stayed at this hotel recently while I went to Chicagoland for a concert. The location was great for the Sears Centre Arena--no traffic worries at all. There are plenty of restaurants and shopping within easy driving distance and Schaumburg is up the road for more shopping.

The hotel was well appointed and had a nice lobby. Check-in was quite easy and I really loved how the front desk associate realized that we had two rooms and put as as close together as possible. Bedding was wonderful and everything was nice and clean. The bath toiletries were very relaxing. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Dustin K, Manager at Chicago Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Good evening!

I would like to thank you very much for the kind review that you gave us on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us! I am extremely happy to hear that the staff was able to accommodate to your needs and also deliver excellence service every step of the way! I am going to be sure to share these comments with the team so they know what an excellent job they did! We hope to be able to serve you again in the near future!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed here and saw Georgia Florida Line next door. it was a great experience. The hotel was fabulous and the front desk was superb. Gave us good suggestions on where to eat also. Would defiantly stay here again.

Good evening!
Thank you so much for your review on our hotel via TripAdvisor! We very much appreciate your generous and kind comments regarding your stay with us on Halloween! I am delighted to hear of your awesome interactions with the staff, and that we were able to cater to your every need! I will be sure to share the comments with the team here! We hope to be able to serve you again in the very near future!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Our original decision to stay at this hotel was prompted by a conference I was attending in the area. Although there are other choices I believe the Marriott Northwest Chicago is superior and have returned several times.

Room Tip: Concierge floors are excellent value for money.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Good evening,

I would like to thank you for filling out a survey regarding your stay here at the Chicago Marriott Northwest! I am delighted to hear of your experience with us, and will be sure to bring your comments back to the team! I am also very happy to hear that you feel our hotel is superior to those in the area! We hope to be able to serve you again in the near future!

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Some reviews said something about being charged for wi-fi. I didn't get charged, but there are so many prices and offers, that maybe I got a different offer. Nice corner room. Oh, and the large bed was NOT hard. Very comfortable. Great pillows too. Quiet location and quiet room. Easy parking and access to nearby streets and locations. Shopping and restaurants very close by. Had fitness facility that looked nice, but I didn't use. Breakfast was good and resonable prices. Breakfast price came with coffee and juice. So I don't know what others complain about. This is a nice Marriott. I would certainly stay here again next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Good evening!

Thank you so much for filling out a review regarding your recent stay with us! It is because of feedback such as yours that we are able to improve our operation to better serve our guests! I am very happy to hear of your wonderful experience at our hotel, and I want to assure you that I will be communicating your feedback to the staff here. I hope you have a wonderful week, and we hope to be able to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Inviting lobby. Staff was very nice and accomodating. Concierge lounge was inviting and a variety of food for breakfast. Good fit for Business or Pleasure. Located in an area surrounded by restaurants and shops.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Good evening!

I would like to thank you for reviewing our hotel here on TripAdvisor! Your feedback means a lot to us and allows us to always improve our operation! I am delighted to hear of your wonderful experiences with the staff here and specifically up in Concierge. I will be sure to bring back your comments to the team here for a job well done! We hope to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Just a basic hotel. The bed was hard and I was less than pleased that wifi cost 10.00 a day. Wouldn't recommend if you travel with a tablet or notebook. If you like a firm mattress, and don't think wifi should be included, it might be the place for you.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Dustin K, Manager at Chicago Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Good evening!

I would like to thank you for filling out a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. The team here takes feedback very seriously, as we are able to improve on our operation with that feedback. I am sorry to hear that you did not appreciate the charge for the internet and that your bed was too firm. Marriott is planning an initiative to roll out tiered internet pricing based on guest needs, and WiFi is also always complimentary in the hotel public space, including the lobby. I will be sure to bring your comments back to the team here so that we can improve our operation. I hope you have a wonderful week!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Checked in on a Saturday and out on Tuesday. The entire stay was beyond expectations. Food and service in the restaurant was provided by an engaging staff who remembered my preferences. One of the best fillets I have ever had! Desk and Starbucks staff remembered me each time they saw me and engaged me in friendly, interesting conversation- without exception. I have worked in hotels for 24 years and this property has a staff which made me proud. The building is well maintained and secure. Bed was soooo comfortable! If I am in the area again I will definitely choose this hotel. I wish I remembered he names of staff I talked with- restaurant manager Kenny (?) Server's name began with a D. Weekend nigh auditor and front desk staff. All were great!

Room Tip: North side rooms had great views of open spaces around the hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Good evening!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent stay with us! I am very happy and proud to hear of all the wonderful things you have to say about the staff and hotel here. Please be assured that I will definitely be sharing these comments with the rest of the management team and the staff here! We hope to be able to serve you again in the future! Have a wonderful Holiday week!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoffman Estates
6 mi away
Radisson Hotel Schaumburg
Radisson Hotel Schaumburg
#3 of 29 in Schaumburg

Been to Chicago Marriott Northwest? Share your experiences!