“Great Hotel for Business or Pleasure”

Chicago Marriott Northwest
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Hoffman Estates
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Inviting lobby. Staff was very nice and accomodating. Concierge lounge was inviting and a variety of food for breakfast. Good fit for Business or Pleasure. Located in an area surrounded by restaurants and shops.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Dustin K, Manager at Chicago Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Good evening!

I would like to thank you for reviewing our hotel here on TripAdvisor! Your feedback means a lot to us and allows us to always improve our operation! I am delighted to hear of your wonderful experiences with the staff here and specifically up in Concierge. I will be sure to bring back your comments to the team here for a job well done! We hope to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Just a basic hotel. The bed was hard and I was less than pleased that wifi cost 10.00 a day. Wouldn't recommend if you travel with a tablet or notebook. If you like a firm mattress, and don't think wifi should be included, it might be the place for you.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Dustin K, Manager at Chicago Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Good evening!

I would like to thank you for filling out a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. The team here takes feedback very seriously, as we are able to improve on our operation with that feedback. I am sorry to hear that you did not appreciate the charge for the internet and that your bed was too firm. Marriott is planning an initiative to roll out tiered internet pricing based on guest needs, and WiFi is also always complimentary in the hotel public space, including the lobby. I will be sure to bring your comments back to the team here so that we can improve our operation. I hope you have a wonderful week!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Checked in on a Saturday and out on Tuesday. The entire stay was beyond expectations. Food and service in the restaurant was provided by an engaging staff who remembered my preferences. One of the best fillets I have ever had! Desk and Starbucks staff remembered me each time they saw me and engaged me in friendly, interesting conversation- without exception. I have worked in hotels for 24 years and this property has a staff which made me proud. The building is well maintained and secure. Bed was soooo comfortable! If I am in the area again I will definitely choose this hotel. I wish I remembered he names of staff I talked with- restaurant manager Kenny (?) Server's name began with a D. Weekend nigh auditor and front desk staff. All were great!

Room Tip: North side rooms had great views of open spaces around the hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Good evening!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent stay with us! I am very happy and proud to hear of all the wonderful things you have to say about the staff and hotel here. Please be assured that I will definitely be sharing these comments with the rest of the management team and the staff here! We hope to be able to serve you again in the future! Have a wonderful Holiday week!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights while working locally. I arrived on the Sunday and checked in no problems. The room was a standard Marriot room, a nice size with desk and a great bed but a small bathroom.

Room was clean and the shower worked OK.

I had breakfast in the hotel 3 times and service was good however one morning I ordered off the menu and it cost much more than the buffet, without the choice!

had a few beers one night in the bar and service was excellent.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Good evening!

I would like to first and foremost thank you for your feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay here at our property. It is because of feedback such as yours that we are able to continuously improve our operation in an effort to achieve 100% guest satisfaction. I am very sorry to hear that you did not think our hotel was anything special. The team here does strive to make all of our guests feel at home, and I am glad that you did experience that service while you were here. If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me personally. Have a great week!

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

After a 3 night stay, I have nothing but the highest compliments for this hotel. The staff was very service oriented and accommodated multiple requests. The room was cleaned with care and detail each morning and the amenities, including the breakfast, was very well done. Excellent from start to finish!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Dustin K, Manager at Chicago Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Good evening!

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review on our hotel regarding your recent stay with us! I am so happy to hear about your wonderful experiences during your stay, and I will be sure to take these comments back to the team here are we pride ourselves highly on ensuring every guest is 100% satisfied! We hope to be able to serve you again in the near future!

Asst. General Manager

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed at this Marriott for one night during business trip. Conveniently located near I-90. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful at check-in and check-out, and the room was clean and comfortable, as I've come to expect from Marriott hotels. The only "knock," if you could even call it that, is that the rooms are a little out-dated on the decor, but that's a minor quibble and personal preference issue. Nearby mega-shopping-and-dining center made it easy to find something interesting for dinner and to kill some time at the LL Bean.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Good evening!

I would like to thank for you taking time to fill out a review about our hotel on TripAdivsor! I am delighted to see that you had a very enjoyable time with us here in Northwest Chicago! We take great pride in providing the very best service to our guests, and I would like you to know that I will be sharing your feedback and comments with the team here! I would also like you to know that we are planning a room renovation in the near future to help bolster our room decor. We hope to see you again in the future! Thank you!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

What else could you ask for? I stay here frequently for work. They are consistently good. my boss asked the group of us if we wanted to stay here or at another nearby hotel for our upcoming meeting next week. The response was unanimous - Marriott NW. I could think of no better vote of confidence.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Dustin K, Manager at Chicago Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Good evening,

I would like to thank you very much for rating our hotel on TripAdvisor and for your kind comments regarding your stay with us! I will be sure to share these with the team here, and would like you to know that we constistently strive to ensure all of our guests have an exceptional experience when they stay with us. I am elated that you chose us and will continue to choose us, and we very much look forward to serving you in the future!