“Great Hotel and Exceptional, Engaging Staff”

Chicago Marriott Northwest
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Hoffman Estates
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Checked in on a Saturday and out on Tuesday. The entire stay was beyond expectations. Food and service in the restaurant was provided by an engaging staff who remembered my preferences. One of the best fillets I have ever had! Desk and Starbucks staff remembered me each time they saw me and engaged me in friendly, interesting conversation- without exception. I have worked in hotels for 24 years and this property has a staff which made me proud. The building is well maintained and secure. Bed was soooo comfortable! If I am in the area again I will definitely choose this hotel. I wish I remembered he names of staff I talked with- restaurant manager Kenny (?) Server's name began with a D. Weekend nigh auditor and front desk staff. All were great!

Room Tip: North side rooms had great views of open spaces around the hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Dustin K, Manager at Chicago Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Good evening!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey regarding your recent stay with us! I am very happy and proud to hear of all the wonderful things you have to say about the staff and hotel here. Please be assured that I will definitely be sharing these comments with the rest of the management team and the staff here! We hope to be able to serve you again in the future! Have a wonderful Holiday week!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights while working locally. I arrived on the Sunday and checked in no problems. The room was a standard Marriot room, a nice size with desk and a great bed but a small bathroom.

Room was clean and the shower worked OK.

I had breakfast in the hotel 3 times and service was good however one morning I ordered off the menu and it cost much more than the buffet, without the choice!

had a few beers one night in the bar and service was excellent.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Good evening!

I would like to first and foremost thank you for your feedback that you provided regarding your recent stay here at our property. It is because of feedback such as yours that we are able to continuously improve our operation in an effort to achieve 100% guest satisfaction. I am very sorry to hear that you did not think our hotel was anything special. The team here does strive to make all of our guests feel at home, and I am glad that you did experience that service while you were here. If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me personally. Have a great week!

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

After a 3 night stay, I have nothing but the highest compliments for this hotel. The staff was very service oriented and accommodated multiple requests. The room was cleaned with care and detail each morning and the amenities, including the breakfast, was very well done. Excellent from start to finish!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Dustin K, Manager at Chicago Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Good evening!

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review on our hotel regarding your recent stay with us! I am so happy to hear about your wonderful experiences during your stay, and I will be sure to take these comments back to the team here are we pride ourselves highly on ensuring every guest is 100% satisfied! We hope to be able to serve you again in the near future!

Asst. General Manager

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed at this Marriott for one night during business trip. Conveniently located near I-90. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful at check-in and check-out, and the room was clean and comfortable, as I've come to expect from Marriott hotels. The only "knock," if you could even call it that, is that the rooms are a little out-dated on the decor, but that's a minor quibble and personal preference issue. Nearby mega-shopping-and-dining center made it easy to find something interesting for dinner and to kill some time at the LL Bean.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Good evening!

I would like to thank for you taking time to fill out a review about our hotel on TripAdivsor! I am delighted to see that you had a very enjoyable time with us here in Northwest Chicago! We take great pride in providing the very best service to our guests, and I would like you to know that I will be sharing your feedback and comments with the team here! I would also like you to know that we are planning a room renovation in the near future to help bolster our room decor. We hope to see you again in the future! Thank you!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

What else could you ask for? I stay here frequently for work. They are consistently good. my boss asked the group of us if we wanted to stay here or at another nearby hotel for our upcoming meeting next week. The response was unanimous - Marriott NW. I could think of no better vote of confidence.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Dustin K, Manager at Chicago Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Good evening,

I would like to thank you very much for rating our hotel on TripAdvisor and for your kind comments regarding your stay with us! I will be sure to share these with the team here, and would like you to know that we constistently strive to ensure all of our guests have an exceptional experience when they stay with us. I am elated that you chose us and will continue to choose us, and we very much look forward to serving you in the future!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Please read my profile for my biases.

I stayed here for a week while working with a nearby client. It was exactly what I've come to expect from the Marriott brand.

I had a room on the top floor near the Concierge Lounge. The food provided there was above average, and I especially liked the large selection of fruit available at breakfast.

The staff was courteous and friendly.

The only negative was the service at the hotel restaurant. Once I got a table, it was fine, but I ended up standing around for ten minutes or so looking for some to seat me.

But that aside, I would look forward to staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Dustin K, Manager at Chicago Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Good evening,

I would like to take the time to thank you for filling out a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us! It is because of feedback from our guests that we are able to improve on our operation to make it the best that it can be. I am glad that you enjoyed most every aspect of our stay, and would like you to know that your service in the restaurant that you had was definitely not our standard, and I will be reviewing your feedback with our Food and Beverage staff to ensure that we rectify the problem and improve. Thank you so much for your time and we hope to be able to serve you again!

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here one night for business, and was very satisfied. Check in was easy and the staff was very friendly, especially Marianna, who went above and beyond to make it a great stay. The room was clean and comfortable. Would definitely recommend for someone needing to stay in the Hoffman Estates area.

• Stayed: September 2013

Good evening,

I would like to thank you tremendously for filling out a TripAdvisor review on our hotel! I am very happy that you had a great stay with us, and I would like you to know that Marianna has received great praise for her service during your encounters with her. We constantly are striving to ensure that our guests are happy and satisfied when they stay with us! Once again thank you for your business!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoffman Estates
Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates
Hyatt Place Chicago/Hoffman Estates
Hampton Inn & Suites Hoffman Estates
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chicago Hoffman Estates
Quality Inn Hoffman Estates - Schaumburg
Hyatt House Chicago/Schaumburg

Been to Chicago Marriott Northwest? Share your experiences!