“Clean, friendly, quiet - wonderful!”

Chicago Marriott Northwest
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Hoffman Estates
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Quiet getaway for hubby and me on a Saturday night. This full-service Marriott was one of the CLEANEST properties I have ever visited. Much pride is taken by the employees in the presentation of this hotel. Room was fresh and inviting, just large enough. We had an upper floor and everything was extremely quiet, even with the numerous families staying in the hotel that night. Took the package with free wi-fi and it was extremely fast and responsive. Pool was very warm, clean, well-stocked with towels at all times. Fitness center is large, lots of new machines, cold water and apples available as well! There is a Starbucks in the new lobby. Tried the restaurant for appetizers and drinks, we were not disappointed. Package also included breakfast buffet and it was more than satisfactory. Used the new mobile check-in from Marriott and it was fabulous. I hope more properties adopt it soon. The only minor, weird thing was, as with ScottyFantastic, a half-used lotion bottle was waiting for us in the bathroom. There is great shopping and also many dining options available right behind the property. I disagree with the negative reviews, I found this property to be clean and inviting and we will return again for another getaway.

Room Tip: High floor rooms at the end are very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dustin K, Manager at Chicago Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Good evening,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and also for your feedback about our hotel in your review. This information is invaluable in our effort to achieving excellence throughout the hotel in both service and product! I would like you to know that I will definitely be sharing this feedback with the team here. I would also like to apologize regarding the half-used lotion in the bathroom, and would like you to know that I will be sharing this information with the Executive Housekeeper in an effor to prevent this issue from happening again. Once again, thank you so much for your feedback, and we hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Chicago Marriott Northwest

Reviewed September 15, 2013

After checking in to a nightmare "hotel" a few miles away, my boyfriend and I found ourselves scrambling to find overnight accommodations. Marriott NW saved the day! The beds are comfy, coming with a variety of pillows (firm for me, fluffy for my boyfriend), and the rates are always reasonable. This location in particular has a beautifully appointed lobby as well as a cozy coffee shop. On site exercise facilities are a plus, and I love to indulge in their breakfast menu after a night of partying. I will always look for a Marriott branch when I travel in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Good evening,

I would like to first and foremost thank you very much for the feedback that you provided in your review of our hotel! I am delighted to hear of the wonderful stay that you had, and especially that it perfectly suited your particular needs while you were in town. I would like you to know that we pride ourselves on guest satisfaction, and that I will definitely be sharing your feedback with the team here to let them know what a great job they have done! As always, thank you for choosing Marriott and our hotel in particular, and we hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We have family living in a nearby suburb. In order for all of us to congregate we return over and over to this gracious, friendly, accommodating hotel. We love the restaurant staff. The food is great and the service is exemplary. Our children travel here from several different states. The exercise facilities are perfect for some, the pool for others. Every effort is made to meet our needs. There is something for everyone. Shopping is within walking distance. A variety of restaurants, a movie theater, a bowling alley and spa. What else? New lobby even offers Starbucks! This is a great spot for business or leisure. Real customer service.

Room Tip: We prefer the rooms at the end of the halls on the upper floors.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Dustin K, Manager at Chicago Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Good evening,
I would like to personally thank you for your generous review of your recent stay at our property. I am very happy to hear that the service and food that you experienced was top-notch, and it seems that everyone you encountered was courteous and hospitable. We strive each day to ensure that our guests are satisfied and happy with their stay, and I will be sure to pass along your wonderful feedback to the team here. We hope to be able to serve you again in the near future! Thank you!

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for two nights. I was one of only a handful of people staying there. The front desk was very fast, but was surprised that I was not offered an upgrade with my silver elite status. The room was clean besides a half used bottle of lotion. The hotel employees were friendly and there is a bar/restaurant. I think there are better value options nearby

• Stayed: August 2013
Dustin K, Manager at Chicago Marriott Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Good afternoon,

I would like to thank you for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expecations as a hotel, and would like you to know that we strive to ensure that all of our guests have a top-notch stay with us. Please know that I will make it a priority to share your comments regarding the lotion in your guest room to our Housekeeping team. I would also like to apologize that you did not feel appreciated as a Silver Elite member, and that you were not offered an upgrade at our property. I will most certainly share this feedback with our team here, as this will aid us in ensuring that we are better serving our guests. Once again, thank you for staying with us, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any questions or concerns.

Asst. GM

Reviewed August 30, 2013

This hotel had a great pool and we were able to relax and order room service afterwards. The food was delicious and breakfast and service in the restaurant was very good. We will definitely stay here again. There is a Strip Mall within walking distance and the grounds around the hotel are clean as well.

• Stayed: August 2013

Good afternoon,

I would like to thank you for your awesome review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at our property. I am extremely happy to hear that you had an exceptional stay with us, as we are dedicated to providing the highest service possible! I am happy to ready your comments regarding your in room dining experience, and will be sure to share these comments with the culinary and restaurant teams! I hope that we are able to serve you again in the future!

Yours in Hospitality

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I've stayed here before and I like it.

I arrived really late at 1 am. Requested a nice quiet room and got exactly that. Didn't hear a peep from anyone.

It's clean, easy to park and with restaurants close by.

Highly recommended.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Good afternoon,

I am extremely happy to hear of your experience here at the Chicago Marriott Northwest. Please know that I am eager to share your positive comments with the team here, as they work extremely hard to deliver an outstanding hospitality experience. I am delighted that you were checked in to a quiet room, as you had requested, and we look forward to being able to serve you again in the future!

Asst. GM

Reviewed July 19, 2013

So far this month I've stayed in this hotel six nights over three visits. The first two stays were not bad at all. This time, however...

Check in was smooth, I got in super late (thanks Delta) and got to my room and got comfy before I realized it was a handicap access room. I hate handicap access rooms. The weird shower, the super-tall toilet seat, the handrails everywhere... it's probably just me, but I hate them.

So I called the front desk to ask for a different room. She said sorry, couldn't do it. They had rooms, but would not change me since I had already "used" this room, they couldn't move me because they couldn't resell my room that night. Ok, can I change tomorrow? No, we're fully booked. But I can take a normal room and you give this one to someone checking in tomorrow. No. Why not? No...

So, the hotel is fine. Hey, it's a Marriott, how bad can it be? But I'm going to ask a bunch of questions before I take the room key when I'm back next week.

Let the buyer beware.

Room Tip: ask first to avoid my problem
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
#5 of 9 in Hoffman Estates
Radisson Hotel Schaumburg
Radisson Hotel Schaumburg
#2 of 29 in Schaumburg

Been to Chicago Marriott Northwest? Share your experiences!