“Very comfortable”

Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Hoffman Estates
Southport
“Very comfortable”
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Great hotel for business travel! The rooms are very comfortable and relaxing. The staff is super accommodating to assist travelers. The extra features for exercise and dining make the place a second home.

2 Thank aubreyrich

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed August 26, 2011

professional and friendly service
most important---staff is kind to older customers

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Anne K
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I have stayed at the Marriott NW multiple times on business. The staff is pays attention to the little detials and are always accomodating. The site is well maintained and clean. I always look for a fitness center nearby the hotel when I travel so the nice thing about the Marriott NW is they have a fitness center with the standard Cardio equipment but free and nautilus weights plus exercise balls. The breakfast buffett starts the day off right just like home. I measure other hotels against this hotel.

1 Thank smw65
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Good business location for the tech area around Schaumberg and Hoffman Estates. Very clean and friendly

1 Thank Jim S
Roseville, CA
Reviewed August 15, 2011

The best part of this hotel is the location. It's quiet as well. The inside door jambs had lots of finger prints, i.e., not clean. We noticed as soon as we arrived No refrigerator in our room. No safe for our valuables so we had to take them with us during the day. The faucet in the shower/tub had pulled away from the wall and moved further out with every pull for the shower. The ironing board needs a new cover! Best part is that it's quiet after a long day at a conference and a great location.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Kirk A, Assistant General Manager at Chicago Marriott Northwest, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Thank you very much for the critique of your recent visit to our hotel. At the Chicago Marriott Northwest we pride ourselves on being the cleanest, safest, and most well maintained hotel in the area and to hear that we fell short in several of these areas during your stay is very disappointing. I assure you all issues you experienced have been addressed with the appropriate department heads and were followed up on immediately upon review of your critique. Our nightly rotational maintenance programs are set up in such ways for us to be able to catch all of these issues before a guest were to experience any problems. With that being said, I am very sorry we well fell short on delivering on our mission statement during your visit.

I would appreciate the opportunity to apologize to you over the phone and hopefully come to a reasonable recovery for us not delivering on our goal of 100% satisfaction. My direct line at the hotel is (847) 747-0603 or you may reach me through calling our front desk at (847) 645-9500 and asking one of our agents to contact me directly. Thanks again and I look forward to resolving this issue soon.

Kindest Regards,

Kirk Anderson
Assistant General Manager
Chicago Marriott Northwest
Iowa
Reviewed January 7, 2011

My wife, daughter and I spent a Saturday night at this suburban Chicago Marriott property and found it to be very nice experience. Room was typical of current Marriott design, comfortable and well appointed. We enjoyed the pool but wished they had a hot tub. Breakfast buffet was good. Would recommend this to both business and leisure travelers who want a nice reliable property.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I chose this hotel for it's stellar reviews, and while I really didn't find anything untrue in them, the overall experience left something to be desired. My wife and I got married nearby the weekend we stayed, the first night I stayed by myself, the second and third nights we got the honeymoon package.

First the good. The hotel was very clean (except the pool), the staff was very friendly and responsive to problems, and the breakfast buffet was pretty darn good.

The bad. While the staff was responsive to problems, there were WAY too many problems. Every single thing that was supposed to come with the honeymoon package, we had to specifically and seperately ask for. I hate having to ask for things, especially more than once. I feel like a big jerk, even though I try really hard to be nice. The honeymoon package comes with the following: Champaign and chocolate covered strawberries on your first night, two vouchers for the breakfast buffet, and late checkout. On the night of the wedding we had to ask two seperate people for the champaign and strawberries (sidenote, they were out of the strawberries, and had to substitute), by the time it arrived, we were too tired to enjoy it. The next morning I had to go out of my way to ask the front desk for the breakfast vouchers, then I had to ask again for the following mornings vouchers. Then they did not give us our late checkout until (of course), I had to go out of my to ask for that too.

Bottom line, while the hotel is nice, they are not equipped to give you anything extra. Any extra things that come with any package (and there are several packages), you will not get unless you go out of your way and ask for them, or you just will not get them. I can see having to ask for things this first time, but having to ask five times, that is unacceptable.

Now, to be fair, Marriot put there money where their mouth was, and gave us a pretty good discount on the room rate. But on our wedding weekend, I would much rather have had a nice experience and paid the extra money. We certainly won't be back to celebrate our anniversary.

Oh, the pool water was very cloudy, with lots of hair floating on the surface. And what hotel this big, and this nice doesn't have a hot tub?

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Hoffman Inn & Suites
Hoffman Inn & Suites
#5 of 9 in Hoffman Estates
Hampton Inn Chicago/Elgin

Been to Chicago Marriott Northwest? Share your experiences!