“good hotel with great service”

Red Roof Plus + Chicago - Schaumburg
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Hoffman Estates
Reviewed December 21, 2012

i've been staying at this hotel for more then one year & never had bad experience & i also recommand this hotel to everyone because there are few reasons.

1) good hotel with good rooms
2) convenient location
3) great service
4) best price.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Keyur P, Manager at Red Roof Plus + Chicago - Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

I again apologize for you feeling we did not exceed your expectations. This is not the way we wish for our guests to leave us and is not the opinion that most have when they do leave based on our conversations with guests and our reviews here on TripAdvisor.

Currently, we are under major renovation and renovating entire rooms. If you are not satisfied, we are not satisfied so please call myself at the property to ensure your satisfaction.

We will continue work towards our goal of every guest leaving feeling that we have exceeded their expectations and we hope you give us an opportunity to do so in the future.

Thanks!

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I feel the room was comfortable and very at home like.I feel the staff was very friendly and asked if anything was needed and on top of their game.I would for sure stay at this location again and recommend it to anyone that just needs a night away from home that is simple minded.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Keyur P, General Manager at Red Roof Plus + Chicago - Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Thank you so much for posting an on line review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your recent
stay at the Hoffman Estates Red Roof Inn. Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms.

I will make sure to share your comments with our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Red Roof Inn Chicago Hoffman Estates is very standard for the Red Roof chain. The property provides clean, comfortable rooms at a reasonable price. While nothing about the property will amaze you, it will also not disappoint in serving its purpose of providing a good nights sleep.

We arrived late, but found that the front desk was well prepared with our reservation and guest information. Even though the lobby itself was closed, checking-in was easy. The parking lot was well-lit and had ample parking spaces available.

Many Red Roofs are two story structures. This property has three, but has the standard layout for a Red Roof with room entrances from the outside. The rooms themselves are very quite and can be kept very dark. The mattress was comfortable and the cleanliness of the room was excellent. This property easily allowed for a good night's sleep. As is standard for Red Roof, pets are allowed to stay for free.

This property is easy to find. One important note if traveling thru this area and have limited knowledge of it, make sure to have cash and coins ready for tolls on I-90. The cash lanes are on the far right at the toll plazas.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 25, 2012

good value for the area. can reserve with the front desk and get the best rate available. cleanliness just ok. bath towels well worn. room included fridge and microwave. great grocery store about a mile south of the hotel to grab snacks or breakfast items, since the hotel only provides coffee.

Room Tip: good value but a very basic room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Keyur P, General Manager at Red Roof Plus + Chicago - Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you so much for posting an on line review. I am so happy that you were satisfied with your recent stay at the Hoffman Estates Red Roof Inn.

I wanted to let you know that we do have Superior King rooms that do have a micro/fridge and in room coffee. We also have iron and ironing boards at the front desk and if you let us know before you arrive it would be our pleasure to put them in your room before you arrive. Also, we are currently under major renovation, which means better contemporary rooms, additional amenities.

I will make sure to share your comments with our staff and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Kind Regards,

Keyur Patel
Cell:312-513-2015

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I travel quite frequently, this being said I am always looking for a bargain. The Red Roof in Hoffman Estates is always my go-to hotel. The staff always goes above and beyond and truely cares about the customers needs. In partcular, one of your employees, Hannah, always goes the extra mile so to speak. She always makes sure I am comfortable and satisfied.

This past visit I had minor issues. Upon check-in I noticed my remote was not working properly. I called down to the desk and explained the issue. It was not a big deal, yet I figured I would notify the front desk anyway. Without hesitation, Hannah immediately sent maintenance up to my room to have it resolved. Maintenance fixed the problem and Hannah made a follow up call to ensure my satisfaction. Minor annoyances such as this can easily be ignored, with such great customer service.

I have always recommended Red Roof to friends and family, but Hannah always makes my stay much more enjoyable with her up-beat attitude, and constantly reminds me of why I chose this particular Red Roof time and time again.

Room Tip: Call and make sure Hannah is working, she genuinely cares about the guests and their needs !
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Keyur P, General Manager at Red Roof Plus + Chicago - Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

stay at the Hoffman Estates Red Roof Inn. Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed our rooms.

I will make sure to share your comments with Hannah and the rest of our team. Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Kind Regards,

K. Patel

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We went to visit my daughter and attend a football game in West Lafayette. We usually have 2-3 hotels that are favorites in this area and are usually mid priced. This weekend though was the Ryder Cup golf Tournament and all of our usual places were booked! In desperation I searched the sources on line and the Red roof showed up as available. The price was almost too reasonable ; but it advertised non smoking rooms....We needed the room for a thursday night, then a return from the football game for a saturday and sunday night. Our first room was very tired but clean. It had a refrigerator, microwave, safe but no hairdryer. I was able to get one to use from the desk. The people at the front desk were very pleasant and accommodating. Coffee and tea were available and a computer was just outside the front desk.
The real issues began when we returned late on saturday @ 9pm. We were given a room with 2 double beds and it reeked of cigarette smoke! I am allergic to cigarette smoke so we asked for a room change. We were told nothing was available because we had booked through an on line travel group. My husband told them they needed to accommodate what we had been promised when we paid on line...a king bed in a non smoking room! They moved us to another room...smelling still of smoke but not as badly.It had nicotine burns on the bathroom counter! It had a king sized bed but it was very shabby. The carpet was stained, chairs were stained, the towel was stained, the bathroom floor was terribly dirty and the bottom of the tub was black...This was all they claimed to have available....So we made the best of a bad situation and the next morning told the desk we would like the room we had the first night if it was available. We were told it wasn't available . We were then offered the terrible smoky room from the night before that we had moved out of. Once again we were told that because we booked through an on line travel group; we had limited room choices. We ended up in a small room that smelled like a wet dog; not cigarettes but it had been sprayed to cover the smell. It still had a stained rug but otherwise was clean.Oh, and the original room from the first night that I had requested was indeed available and empty. The entire experience was pretty nasty! A hotel that says it is non smoking; needs to enforce that otherwise don't claim you have non smoking rooms.That is false advertising. They also allow pets; hence the carpet stains...so those rooms need to be cleaned with a carpet shampooer and the people fined. I now question whether booking on line is worthwhile??? I also question how this hotel chain stays in business?? How can it pass health regulations? I felt badly for the people in the office who seemed to have their hands tied about which room they might change us to but they were courteous and did their best..I will never even consider this hotel chain again. Fortunately, we were not in the room very much and kept our luggage with us rather than leave it in the room. Sometimes when a price seems to be a bit suspicious; it probably is. There was a reason that this hotel had rooms available....

Room Tip: Unless you are a smoker or are not bothered by a stale smoke smelling room or a pet stained carpet...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I had my wedding guests stayed here. The general manager and his staff were great help. Manager took care of my need and responded promptly. I definitely recommend this place and will come again! Great value for the price of the room and service.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends