“Great Places to Stay!”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Hoffman Estates
Chandler, Arizona, United States
“Great Places to Stay!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed here while visiting some friends in the area. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The lobby as I walked in was clean and looked great. The front desk staff was pleasant and answered my questions about nearby shopping. The room was a typical hotel room, clean and functional. The TV and other appliances worked (if I had my kids with me this would have been GREAT!). While I don't have any pets, I noticed that this is a pet friendly hotel! The newspaper, fitness center and WiFi was a valuable extra. I use my phone for everything (emails, social, etc) so the WiFi saved my battery so much!

Other amenities included the business center with copy/faxing available, the fitness center, and free transportation within seven miles (super helpful!). I absolutely love that they have Nintendo systems in the rooms (my son would have loved that), pillow top mattresses, and even free coffee. The free coffee was nice, my recent stay in Vegas a few months ago did not come with free coffee (but it wasn't this chain that I stayed at. Lesson learned).

I love that this hotel is close to many attractions like the country club, Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament, Center for the Arts, a mall, and so much more!

One more thing, the price was great for what was included. I paid about $70 a night, and it was so worth it. I will be using this hotel whenever I visit my friend in Hoffman Estates. (I would stay with her, but she doesn't have the room). I can't wait to bring my kid son the next trip :)

Room Tip: I prefer non-smoking, as I don't like the fact that smoke is on the walls and curtains. I also p...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
GurneeHotels, General Manager at Quality Inn Hoffman Estates - Schaumburg, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the kind words and I look forward to hosting you on your next stay as well. Please do not hesitate to call and ask for me to make your next reservation.

General Manager Comfort Inn Hoffman Estates

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I was traveling the midwest over 2 weeks, and stayed in a different city every night. This was the best one of all I stayed in, balancing both excellent quality and affordable price. This means greatest value overall!

First, this was in an excellent location, just off the interstate. It was very close (within 10 minutes) of friends I was visiting. Although it is quite a distance from downtown Chicago, this was not a negative because I wasn't there to see downtown Chicago. I felt safe in this location, and it was quiet.

Next, the staff were courteous and professional. The room was very comfortable, clean, quiet, odor-free, and well climate-controlled. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was very clean, and odor-free. There was a very good continental breakfast. Wi-fi was free and reliable. There was a flat-screen TV with good variety of cable channels.

Finally, the price was great, especially considering prices in the Chicago metro area. Of the 10 places I stayed on the road over 2 weeks, this was the best.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
GurneeHotels, General Manager at Quality Inn Hoffman Estates - Schaumburg, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the kind words. We are glad to top your list in your own version of MidWest-palooza. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

GM Comfort Inn
Schaumburg, Illinois, United States
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I made reservations at this hotel for my parents when they came to help me after surgery. On the third night there, the housekeeper stole almost $1400, a watch, earrings, and necklace out of their suitcase. The police couldn't question her for several days because the hotel didn't have an address for her. It was proven that only my parents and the housekeeper used a pass key to enter the room. The hotel and its parent company never took any responsibility in the thieft.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Lynda R
GurneeHotels, CJ Hotel Management at Quality Inn Hoffman Estates - Schaumburg, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Id like to apologize for the what your family went through with the lost of your belongings. That's something I would not wish on anyone. Once the police did arrive and investigate the situation they did not find our employee to be a thief. We do our own background checks of everyone we hire, especially the housekeeping, and all the ladies are upstanding citizens of the law. I'm sorry for the loss of your belongings and we hope to have you stay at one of our properties in the future.

CJ Hotel Management Team

Travelers are raving about these Hoffman Estates hotels

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Booked this place on Priceline and we weren't disappointed at all.The room was big and clean it had a flat screen tv,microwave and fridge.Internet connection was very good as well.But the big plus here is the hot buffet breakfast.Bacon (alternating with sausage the next day),eggs,toast,muffins,cereals,cheese...the list is endless and when something was getting low it was filled up with fresh food.
They offer a free shuttle service within a 7 mile radius but we couldn't use it as our train was before the shuttle starts at 9am.If you're here visiting downtown Chicago then your best bet is to drive to Bartlett station (about 4 miles away) and get the Metra train downtown and save yourself the hassle of driving.
If you're using a gps to get here be careful as there was some roadworks on the main road near the hotel and the new gas station being built so be alert when you get near the hotel.Will more than likely come here again when we come back to Chicago.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank honeymonster37
GurneeHotels, General Manager at Quality Inn Hoffman Estates - Schaumburg, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for kind words and I sincerely apologize for the construction. I hope that on your next visit it will be completed. Thank you again.

GM Comfort Inn Hoffman Estates
CT
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

A puzzling location in a mess of construction, but clean, quiet and convenient. Older property, but well- maintained. Room was very clean, AC worked well & quiet, and fast Internet. Bed was newish and comfortable. Breakfast was typical Comfort Inn in comfortable room.

• Stayed June 2013
GurneeHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Hoffman Estates - Schaumburg, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear DavetravelerCt,

It is our pleasure to serve you in hospitality and we hope to be of service to you in the future since the construction has been complete since a few months.

Macomb, Illinois
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The good: (1) Hotel is very accessible, just off I-90 at Barrington and Higgins Roads; (2) King-size bed was very comfortable, with numerous pillows; (3) Flat-screen TV was a plus; (4) Room had ample lighting options; (5) Free in-room WiFi; (6) Mini-fridge worked OK; (7) Better-than-average showerhead; (8) IHOP is right across the street; (9) Comfort Inn is a much better option for this price range than the nearby Red Roof Inn (which is decrepit and awful).

The bad: (1) Night desk clerk was very disorganized (check-in took forever), and not very friendly; (2) Day desk clerk was also not friendly, and was unsympathetic and befuddled when told that (3) half the cable channels did not work; (4) Floor at side entrance to hotel was filthy; (5) Bathroom was small and towels below average; (6) Panel covering heater/air was broken; (7) Something about the parking lot is scary... seems ripe for crime.

The disappointing: (1) 9 a.m. is too early to end the free breakfast for tired weekend travelers; (2) Even at the discounted Priceline rate, the nightly rate was still too high for what you get (e.g., nearby Hampton Inn is a big step up, all the way around, at a similar price); (3) Room "leaks in" too much noise, especially in the morning with the maids making their rounds.

Overall rating: C+

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank timestandstill_2112
GurneeHotels, General Manager at Quality Inn Hoffman Estates - Schaumburg, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and want to thank you for staying with us. Our guests help us improve with feedback. We are looking into the areas of concern and are addressing with all employees so we can become a better hotel. Your business is very important to us and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is standard comfortable hotel with moderate prices. Location is good, easy access to Higgins rd. On the day we checked in, bathroom blub went out in the night, we reported this in morning, it took them till evening of next day to fix it. I'm glad they fixed it but wish it would have been earlier or if they had moved us to another room. Rest all was fine, breakfast was standard. Beds were comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback on the timeliness of our maintenance team to resolve your issue. We have addressed with our team and have put measures in place so this does not happen again. Your feedback helps us determine areas to improve so you are satisfied with your stay. Once again thanks for the feedback to help us improve.