“Great hotel”

Quality Inn Hoffman Estates - Schaumburg
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Hoffman Estates
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Beautiful hotel very comfy beds and nice breakfast and friendly staff, excellent choice of hotel. when I arrived at the hotel I got a bottle of water complimentary. This hotel has the best rooms in Hoffman estates LCD Tv nice furniture

• Stayed: September 2012
GurneeHotels, Manager at Quality Inn Hoffman Estates - Schaumburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Sir/Madam,

We thank you for staying with us and it is only your reviews which help us providing a better experience for all our guests. We are now under a new management company and we ensure we will better your next experience.

Please email us before you choose to stay with us, to help us arrange a better experience.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights in August. It was perfect for my stay, as I intended to visit suburbs, not the city. I had a car, which I have to say, makes things much easier at this location.

The room was spacious. The best part of the room was the bed. Huge. It was one of the best beds I ever slept on - I still dream about it. The aircon worked well, not too loud. Although the carpets in the stairway and perhaps hallways don't look so good, the rooms are fine. Nice couch in the room too, large TV.
Service was friendly. Cleanliness - not bad, but not top notch. The breakfast is convenient, but nothing to write home about. They have free coffee in the lounge, 24 hours. Not great, but it will do. There's an IHOP across the road, and a Starbucks right next to the hotel.

I don't have much more to say - just that I would stay here again if I needed to. I found it value for money, I booked it on Hotwire for EUR 42 per night.

Con, before I forget: There were people above me with a toddler - very noisy as the kid was running around from bed to bathroom again and again. Management should consider putting people with children on the ground floor. Also, the coffee machine in my room didn't work.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed August 7, 2012

United cancelled my flight. This was the hotel I was assigned. I wasn't at the hotel long enough to really check things out like I normally would for a review. Sheets had what looked like blood stained on them. Breakfast was fairly good for this type of place but I could not figure out how to use the waffle batter dispenser.

The big problem with this place is the shuttle. There isn't one. It's at least 25 miles from the airport. I waited at the airport for over an hour before finally Googling the hotel's number and calling. The person who answered the phone was pushy and rude. He said that he was trying to find a shuttle to hire and it would be at least another 45 minutes. After another hour of waiting, I had found 4 other people waiting for the same hotel. We decided to just call a taxi and split the fare. The taxi driver realized that the hotel had called his same company to arrange a pickup of us. We weren't notified of this and the cab was not marked in any way to identify it as being associated with the hotel. So we ended up getting the hotel to pay for the cab ride. There were at least 3 other people who I am not sure ever made it to the hotel. However, the desk manager asked us to buy our own cab for the morning because he said that his shuttles (which he had previously said the hotel didn't have) would be filled by a wedding party. I thought this was an inappropriate request.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Sir/Madam,

We apologize for your experience with us during your past stay. We are a new management company starting November 1st 2012, and we will ensure you a positive experience durong your next stay.

Please email us before you choose to stay with us, to help us compensate for the past experience.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I booked this hotel a week in advance for 1 night and reached with my family at 11:00PM to stay. After reaching hotel, front desk person said he don't have booking for me. I gave my confimation number which i got when i booked the hotel to him, then he spoke to hotel owner and owner said he cancelled my booking. I asked front desk person why he cancelled my reservation but he didn't know answer. Front desk person was very unsupportive. First they cancelled my reservation without informing me, how they can do that?

In short if you don't want to spoil your vacation, stay away from this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel and horrible hotel staff and it's owner.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I've stayed here before and felt good enough about it to return on this trip. Staff was great. Room was clean and comfortable. I wish I could have stayed for the rest of my trip but unfortunately work took me too far away from this location.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed June 19, 2012

This was a very affordable hotel in the Chicago metro area. The room was very clean and modern, and had a nice big flat screen TV and a very comfortable bed. It also had some extra room so I could do some work while I was there as well. The breakfast in the morning was large and had lots of options. The location was very convenient as well, close to food and shopping. Overall I was very happy with this hotel, it was one of the cheapest hotels in the general Chicago area for about $60. I will stay here again next time I'm in Chicago.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed June 9, 2012

Good amenities: Quiet; clean; friendly staff. Excellent hot breakfast. Friendly accomodating staff. Free internet. Good location - near Sears Centre and major highways.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family