“Pleasant Stay - Business Travel”

Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Hoffman Estates
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Pleasant Stay - Business Travel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stay here occasionally for business travel, most recently May 29 2012. Stay relatively often at HGI properties for business travel and view the general standards of the brand quite favorably. I rate this property a 4 because it fully meets my already high expectations of a Hilton Garden Inn but does not rate 5 because it doesn’t exceed those standards. Lot’s of close by dining options.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Clint D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates, responded to this review, January 7, 2013

Thanks for the kind words about your experiences with us. Please let me and our team on how to exceed your high expectations on how to achieve a 5 rating on your next visit with us!!

Hope to see you again and stop by the front desk to introduce yourself on your next visit.

Clint DeLee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel several times and it just keeps improving. The breakfast was one of the best I have had at any Hilton brand (and we stay in 20-30 Hilton hotels per year). The bar is also a nice addition. The workout room is small but everything is functioning and it is not that used so you can always get the equipment you want.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Clint D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for taking time out to complete a review on our newly renovated beautiful hotel. Thanks for the praise regarding our breakfast and bar service. Our Kitchen team works hard to present a great product and outstanding service.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was not my choice to stay at this particular hotel- a family member was getting married and there were a block of rooms reserved for us at a discounted price. The hotel was lovely, and the only downside are the unexplainably slow elevators. More than once we ended up making the trek to the main floor from 4th leve afer waiting an excessive amount of timel. Many plusses though- ample parking, great breakfast buffet, good pillows on the bed, plenty of plush towels, free wi-fi, and the location is fairly close to mainstream shopping.
I read one of the recent reviewers (Tom R) made a comment about loud partiers, and cannot say I had the same experience re: "too many drunk men" and the hotel not being for families. While spending Thurs- Sunday at this facility, we were overrun with grade school and jr higschool-aged hockey players and their parents in town for some tournament. For the most part, the kids were polite enough and behaved in public.
Would I use this hotel again? Yes, if I was able to get the discounted price.

Room Tip: the hotel has a mini pantry with all kinds of heat n eat meals, Ben & Jerrys, and soft drinks th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed a weekend with our girls softball team in October 2012. Two wedding receptions were going on Friday night. A lot of drunks in hotel. Loud yelling, doors slamming and general partying in the halls from 1am to 3 am and the staff did little about it. With the receptions they have and the lobby bar there are too many drunk young men for families to let their kids be around. Nice hotel and probably a great place for business travelers or people attending a reception.

Room Tip: Another hotel if you have kids.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tom R
Clint D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Mr. Tom,

I’m so sorry you experienced some noise issues during your stay. We work diligently with our staff to ensure each of our guests is respectful of others, while still enjoying their stay and special event. We regret you experienced a noise level that made your stay unpleasant. We hope you will give us another shot the next time you are in the area. We are eager to make your stay with us the best hotel experience you’ve ever had.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was in town on business and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for a full week. This is a very nice hotel and seems to have been recently remodeled. The rooms are of typical HGI standards and come with a mini fridge and microwave. The rooms have free wifi which was great most of the time, but did slow a bit in the evenings. I've never slept well on HGI beds, but I shouldn't complain too much since I knew what to expect. The beds almost seem like memory-foam which allow you to set your desired level of firmness, but are always too soft for my preference. They have a nice indoor pool and hot tub, but was hoping for more out of the fitness center. I did not visit the bar or restaurant located in the lobby, but it's a nice option for those who don't have a car. There is a great bar/restaurant called the Lucky Monk located across the street which I highly recommend. The hotel is located just off I-90 which is a toll road so make sure to bring a roll of quarters since you will need to pay a toll every time you enter and exit the freeway. This is not the fault of the hotel, but is a hassle when staying in this area. Perhaps if Illinois residents paid taxes they wouldn't have to install toll booths every 5 miles along their freeways. j/k Anyway, the staff was great and my room was clean which are the most important aspects of my stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Wade S
Clint D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for taking time out to complete a review on our newly renovated beautiful hotel. Thanks for the kind words about your experiences with us. I apologize for the slow speeds during the evening for the internet. We are hoping shortly to have our new circuit installed to have faster speeds in the hotel to accomodate everyone's internet usage these days.

Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Just returned from a 2 night stay here to see family. Was impressed with the lobby and check in process. Hallways, room, and bathroom appeared clean......until my husband found a cockroach in the room. He took care of it and we luckily didn't find any more.
OK night sleep but there are lots of little lights in the room that are annoying. Bed and pillows were quite comfy, and we got extra pillows upon request.
First breakfast service was ok. We got coffee service twice and the cook brought my omelet out after it was done so I wouldn't have to wait with a small child. Food was good and we enjoyed it.
The second morning I'm not sure what happened! Same staff - we were seated and ordered 2 coffees and 1 milk. After that neither waiter, cook, or anyone EVER came back to our table. We went and got our food. I ordered an omelet and assumed it would be brought to me. It never was. We returned to our seats with food and no coffee so my husband went to the self serve and got our own. I needed ketchup and finally got up to get my own. After 10 minutes and seeing about 8 people have their omelets delivered I finally went to check on mine only to find it had been under the warmer for 10 minutes. My husband had seen it there earlier. We had to get our daughter's own milk too since that was never received. When we completed our meal no ticket was delivered. We left our voucher (which we paid for upon check-in) on the table and left. Not ONCE did the staff ever acknowledge us after being seated.
Overall the property is convenient for us, but being a return costumer and a Hilton Diamond member we expected a little more.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Karenw530
We have hired a new Chef to assist us with training our breakfast team to provide amazing service to all of our guests and I apologize that we as a team dropped the ball on your visit with us. Please contact me at clint.delee@hilton.com to discuss further.

Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

This property has just been remodeled and is much better than is was before the remodel. The staff was friendly and professional. Good hotel for a business stay but location is not the best for weekend away. A nice breakfast was included in our rate but normally would not be included. Typically the Hilton Garden Inns are pretty nice but they usually don't come with breakfast. These properties are pretty close to Hampton in terms of amenities and quality so I would normally chose Hampton because they come with breakfast.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Thanks for the kind words about your experiences with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoffman Estates
Hilton Garden Inn Schaumburg
#1 of 29 in Schaumburg
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Chicago Hoffman Estates
La Quinta Inn Chicago Hoffman Estates

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates? Share your experiences!