“Nice hotel, well maintained facility and friendly staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Hoffman Estates
“Nice hotel, well maintained facility and friendly staff”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Nice hotel, the front desk and cleaning staff were very friendly and helpful; the hotel was very clean and well maintained; the hotel is in a safe area, located right off Interstate 90 and right across the street from the AMC 30 Theaters; this hotel is about 15 to 20 minutes drive from Woodfield Mall; there are plenty of restaurants in the area, including IHOP, Portillo’s, McDonalds, etc.; this facility also offers free Wi-Fi, has an indoor pool and restaurant on site; the only drawback is the double beds are small; the rooms have a nice size, but having two adults on a double bed may be stretch; the doubles are ok for one person; but overall a nice facility

Room Tip: The double beds are on the small size; the rooms have a nice size, but having two adults on a double...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank turleyjay
HGIGMHoffmanEstates, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Dear turleyjay-

I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates. With the combination of our location and service, we are the premier hotel in the Hoffman Estates area. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff.

We appreciate your business and hope we have the pleasure to see you again soon!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Plymouth, MA
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I typically stay at the Hyatt Place Hoffman Estates but stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn during my last business trip to the Hoffman Estates area. The property is very updated and clean from the lobby to the halls to the rooms. The property offers a bar and small restaurant with both hot and continental breakfast. There is a fitness center (I didn't see it) and a business center on site as well. My room had a nicely appointed king-sized bed that was very comfortable. Apparently it's an adjustable (similar to sleep number) but I never found the dial to adjust. It didn't matter as it was very comfortable. The room had a small fridge and microwave, which was wonderful. It's nice to have suite-like amenities for a standard hotel room. The room also had a nice desk area with chair that made for doing work from the room comfortable. The bathroom was updated and a good size as well.

The one negative I had was the wireless internet was very weak. I was only on the second floor and I struggled to remain connected and the signal strength was always very low. For a business traveler, this can be extremely frustrating. If they could somehow upgrade that, this would be a hotel I would absolutely recommend to all business travelers.

The front desk personnel were very pleasant upon check-in and check-out. And the warm cookies in the evening were a nice touch as well!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank KAllan07
Dear KAllan07-

Thank you for taking time our of your busy day to write a review for us. We appreciate the positive feedback and our staff loves to hear about new reviews! We are currently in the process of completing an upgrade to our internet that will provide lightening fast connections.

We are happy we were able to provide you with top notch service and accomodations. We hope to see you again soon!!
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We stayed in Hoffman Estates to be near the Sears Centre for a martial arts wrestling event. I booked a room that was suppose to be a king size bed, however, the bed was a queen size. The room was nice and bright, however, the plumbing was bad and the shower was backed up. Also, the toiled needed to be flushed several times. Cleanliness was pretty good, and the hotel was inviting. Staff was nice enough. Pool was small but clean, and the hot tub was just right. If the shower was better and my bed was a king as promised I would have given them a better score.

Room Tip: make sure its a king size bed.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
HGIGMHoffmanEstates, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
Dear Lpguerrero-

On behalf of the staff of the HGI Hoffman Estates, I sincerely apologize for the issues you had during your stay. We share comments from Trip Advisor to our staff members to ensure problems encountered don’t’ happen again.

We hope you give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations. Please contact me directly if I can assist you with a future reservation or if you’d like to discuss your concerns further.
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Right next to I90. Easy access to Hoffman Estates, Schaumburg and Barrington. Clean and new. Pool is minuscule.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dear APMD-

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a review. I must agree our location is excellent to all of the Northwest suburban attractions off of I-90.We hope that you will give us another try in the future.
Minocqua, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I travel to Chicago area on business often ...this is a great and very convenient location right off the Northwest Tollway. Rooms are very clean, staff is friendly, rates are decent. I tend to always come back to this spot!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Dear Mominwoods-

Thanks for the great review!! We strive to provide top notch service and accommodations. I'll make sure to share your comments with our staff. Hope to see you soon!!
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed here for a wedding. It's pretty obvious that the hotel doesn't have to do much to fill up with all of the wedding venues nearby. The rooms were dingy, and there was a pool of water on our bathroom floor when we entered the room. The furnishing were older and overall the hotel just had a dated feel. The upside was the breakfast, which was supposedly included with our rate for the wedding. although then I saw a $5 charge on our bill for breakfast, so I'm not really sure if we paid for it or not. But they do have a very good breakfast selection. Won'g stay here again unless I attend another wedding and have to.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
HGIGMHoffmanEstates, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates, responded to this review, July 14, 2011
Dear Telephone26-

I’m sorry to hear about your less than satisfactory stay at the hotel. Feel free to contact me at 847 277 7889 so we determine the appropriate charge if any for breakfast. Additionally, I will make sure to share your comments with housekeeping to ensure this type of problem doesn’t occur again.

We are slated for an extensive renovation this winter; we hope you will give us another chance.

Best Regards-

Ed Dixon
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 21, 2011

The HGI Hoffman Estates is one of the originals and it shows. The rooms are the original HGI style and the age of the property shows. The breakfast selection is not as exciting as other HGI's in the area. The fitness area lacks free weights.

HHonors: breakfast buffet

Room Tip: Beome a Hilton HHonors elite member
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
HGIGMHoffmanEstates, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates, responded to this review, July 8, 2011
Good day JetsForFunJourneys-

Greetings from Hoffman Estates! Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I’m excited to inform you that we are slated to go through a renovation this coming winter that will result in updated rooms, improved technology and an expanded fitness center.

We recently made some changes to breakfast offerings that I’m sure you would like. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!!

Ed Dixon
#2 of 29 in Schaumburg
Hoffman Inn & Suites
Hoffman Inn & Suites
#5 of 9 in Hoffman Estates

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates? Share your experiences!