“Way below average for a HGI”

Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Hoffman Estates
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed here for a wedding. It's pretty obvious that the hotel doesn't have to do much to fill up with all of the wedding venues nearby. The rooms were dingy, and there was a pool of water on our bathroom floor when we entered the room. The furnishing were older and overall the hotel just had a dated feel. The upside was the breakfast, which was supposedly included with our rate for the wedding. although then I saw a $5 charge on our bill for breakfast, so I'm not really sure if we paid for it or not. But they do have a very good breakfast selection. Won'g stay here again unless I attend another wedding and have to.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
HGIGMHoffmanEstates, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2011

Dear Telephone26-

I’m sorry to hear about your less than satisfactory stay at the hotel. Feel free to contact me at 847 277 7889 so we determine the appropriate charge if any for breakfast. Additionally, I will make sure to share your comments with housekeeping to ensure this type of problem doesn’t occur again.

We are slated for an extensive renovation this winter; we hope you will give us another chance.

Best Regards-

Reviewed June 21, 2011

The HGI Hoffman Estates is one of the originals and it shows. The rooms are the original HGI style and the age of the property shows. The breakfast selection is not as exciting as other HGI's in the area. The fitness area lacks free weights.

HHonors: breakfast buffet

Room Tip: Beome a Hilton HHonors elite member
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
HGIGMHoffmanEstates, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2011

Good day JetsForFunJourneys-

Greetings from Hoffman Estates! Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. I’m excited to inform you that we are slated to go through a renovation this coming winter that will result in updated rooms, improved technology and an expanded fitness center.

We recently made some changes to breakfast offerings that I’m sure you would like. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed June 19, 2011

If you want a clean bed, clean bathroom, good location and nice people,,,,,,,this is your place
Ok bar....good breakfast....nice beds
Even has smoking rooms.....YES!!!!!
Highly recommended

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Dear Rolnugam-

I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the HGI Hoffman Estates!! We pride ourselves on providing comfortable accommodations and top notch service. I will make sure to share your review with our staff. We hope to see you again soon and thanks for your business!!

Best Regards-

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed here during a business trip and was disappointed with the level of comfort of the rooms. It is all very dated, some rooms have new, modern LCD TV's while others have old ones.

The mattress in my room was very bad, I slept in a valley that night.
I already switched rooms once during this stay and didn't feel like going through the whole hassle again. Next time, I'll take my business elsewhere, there is plenty of choice around, including other Garden Inns which are more up to par.

Check-in was fine and according to expectation. Breakfast is also very good.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank FlyinDutch
HGIGMHoffmanEstates, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2011

Travelguy0-

Greetings and thanks for taking the time to respond on Trip Advisor! I'm sorry that your experience was less than enjoyable, but I'm happy to let you know that we are slated for renovation this coming winter. At this time all rooms will be updated, including flat screen TV's.

I will make sure to let the staff know you enjoyed breakfast; they love to hear good feedback. We hope that you will give us another chance as we appreciate your business. Regards-

Reviewed February 24, 2011

Property was fine. Staff was nice, breakfast was good. No problems as mentioned in other posts. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2011

Check in was a breeze. Room was very clean, bedding nice. Pool area was small, but well taken care of. Water was comfortable to swim in.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2011

check in, not very friendly staff. Room-very dated. Had called eariler in the week to discuss multiple stays for extended period of time. Left 2 message for the manager who handle the sales/marketing and no one returned my call. In addition, left a message for the office admin and again no-one returned my call. I came to the hotel anyway because I wanted to check it out for my other stays and since I will be bringing a sales crew out, I wanted a fairly good,adequate and pretty satisfactory hotel and I am glad that I have checked it out. This Hilton Hotel definitely was not what I expected from a "Hilton" product.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Matthew_HGIHoffman, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2011

First and foremost, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the unfortunate occurrence you experienced with the Hilton Garden Inn and the non-responsiveness from the Sales Office. As the Director of Sales here at the hotel, I’ve been in the industry for 20+ years and am very dedicated to ensuring complete guest satisfaction by providing a high level of service and hospitality to all our guests. I am truly sorry that you did not receive a response from myself or my staff. Please contact me directly at 847-277-8754 so that I may speak with you and hopefully be able to rectify the situation and educate you on our upcoming rooms renovation. Our team is committed to exceeding your guests expectations. I hope you will give us the opportunity to show you how much we value your business.