“Not what I was told”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Hoffman Estates
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
“Not what I was told”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2010

I was told that they would take care of the people from my reunion a set price and a shuttle every 1/2 hour from 10:30 on. They didn't, They said we don't have contract so we can't honor our commitment. I explained that the contract they wanted the reunion committee to sign didn't include the shuttle. this didn't come up until the night of the reunion. They just told the people after they checked in that they couldn't drive them a crossed the street to the Milrose after the Milrose was good enough to suggest themthem

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank chuckman13

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2010

I should have held on to my cancellation number longer than I did. When I got my credit card bill, they had charged me for a reservation that I had canceled 2 weeks prior. I called to have the charge removed but to no avail. Last time I use this hotel!

Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Glen Ellyn, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2010

This hotel really made me love traveling again. This hotel is spot less, great experince here. The staff seemed to truely care about your stay. If I could name the best things about the hotel it would have to be the quality, cleanlyness of the rooms. Awesome hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Blanchester, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2010

Stayed here for 7 nights and I must say it was absolutely outstanding. This is by far the bast hotel visit I've ever had. This room was like a brand new apartment. The suite was huge. The room was very clean. The hotel was just amazing. The grounds near the hotel were equally amazing. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The beds and pillows were the best.. I would go back here just to hang out and relax.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
St. Louis Metro
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2010

Some friends, my sister, my niece and I stayed in this hotel during a weekend shopping extravaganza. The front desk staff were very nice and our rooms were nice and clean. Our room did not have a TV remote, but Michael at the desk quickly brought another and apologized.
We didn't get to try the pool because there were a lot of kids, but that's not the hotel's fault. There was apparently a wedding so there were a lot of guests, but they did not really disturb us. I liked the close proximity to the bike/running path and I had a nice morning run before we left.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
chicago il
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2010

We had a power outage at home so we figured the hotel will have air conditioning...boy we were wrong! Most of the upscale hotels we went to keep their room temperature at a certain level so it can cool down faster. Not this place. They kept a/c in both living area and bedroom off, so it took several hours to cool down. Consider we checked in at 9:30pm, that meant poor sleep for at least half of the night. Also, TV in the living room is not working...we can call them to repair, but when you have a 7-yo kid who nees to go to bed early, who has the time to do that??? We paid more for the one bedroom unit so our son can watch TV when he gets up in the morning and we can sleep in. You can imagine how that worked out with the TV being broken. Called Hilton central line to complain, who told me the local hotel will contact me within a few days...it's been 20 days I haven't heard from them.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Southern California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2010

This hotel was recently upgraded, and it is very nice. I don't normally stay at Hampton Inns, but this was close to my meeting and I gave it a try. I stayed in a two-room suite, and it was nicer than many Hiltons I have stayed at. Everything was new, flat-screen TVs in both rooms, nice bedding. I would definitely book again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Chicago Marriott Northwest
#4 of 9 in Hoffman Estates
La Quinta Inn Chicago Hoffman Estates
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Schaumburg

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Hoffman Estates? Share your experiences!