“Worst Experience for Hilton”

Hampton Inn & Suites Hoffman Estates
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Hoffman Estates
Suwanee, Georgia
“Worst Experience for Hilton”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Fly in on Easter to get a good nights rest so I did not have to catch an early flight the next morning from Atlanta. All is well and get what seems to be a nice room until I try and sleep. The ac unit would cycle on and off, which was normal but as it started to cycle off it would for 1-2 minutes make horrible rattling noise. This happened every hour all night long unless I turned it off. So, every hour I was awake. The next morning I told them about it and they said they could look into moving me but I had to leave b/c of a meeting. She said she would look into it and have maintenance look at it. When I got back no note or anything and it was still doing the same thing. At this point I could not go another night with no sleep. So, I called Hilton b/c no response from them from the e-mail I sent early morning. The guy was helpful and was going to transfer me to another property.... Then he transferred me which I did not know he was going to do and then I had to start all over. Now it is after 9.30 and another night is getting ruined. Now I am transferred and the room is great at the Hilton Garden Inn. I am a diamond member and stay all over the US with them and this has never happened. I am very frustrated though. I have audio of the sound if any one wants to hear....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Zephyrhills, Florida
Reviewed March 1, 2013

loud guests more expected in vegas,fire alarm was sirening for what seemed to be for hours.were from fla. it was cold..if in the beginning, maybe if we were could to tell us it was a false alarm,they had our cell #

Room Tip: dont know where you wouldnt here the false alarm,the kept guests out side in their pjs for over an h...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Great hotel!!! Room was great and staff was wonderful!!! We loved that the room had a kichenette. Location was just what we needed. Breakfast was nice, but more continental then I expected. There were eggs and sausage though. I stay in hotels at least 8 or more times a year and this was my first time at a Hampton. I will definately look for them from now on!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Illinois
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Lovely hotel & great staff. Avni was working the front desk & she couldn't have been any more helpful with her knowledge of the hotel and recommending nearby restaurants and things to do. Very satisfied!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I was here for two weeks and very much enjoyed my stay. Good location, excellent front desk staff and cleaning crew. Tea and coffee were always available downstairs. The downstairs lobby ended up being a great place to get work done in the afternoons. There's no restaurant in the hotel, but there is plenty of food available nearby.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Ok this hotel is alright overall. It has been updated and is in good location. However the fitness center is horrible. They have the same broken down equipment they have had for the last 4 years. However this Hampton is within walking distance of several Ok eateries. I have stayed in this hotel quite a few times and the staff has always been inconsistent. They really don't do a good job of recognizing preferred customers except at the front desk. This hotel could be a great hotel with a few minor improvements. I prefer to stay there vs the Hampton in Elgin which is the one on airport rd. I noticed several comments about the smoke smell in the review, however this hotel is way better than the one in Elgin as far as the smoking. Really can't figure out why smoking is allowed at any Hilton property.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HAMPTON INN H, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hoffman Estates, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
I appreciate your review of your recent stay at our hotel. I thank you very much for bringing-up to my attention that there is some equipment in our fitness room that is broken. I truly apologize if this caused you any inconveniences and I can assure you that your comments have been taken into consideration. In regards to the smell of smoke, I can totally empathize with this being an inconvenience for you; however, I am glad to inform you that very soon all our Hilton properties will be non-smoking.

In any case, I thank you for your review and again, apologize for the inconvenience you went through. I do hope you give us another opportunity to stay with us next time you’re in town.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hoffman Estates
Chicago Marriott Northwest
#4 of 9 in Hoffman Estates
La Quinta Inn Chicago Hoffman Estates
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Schaumburg

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Hoffman Estates? Share your experiences!