“Adequate Hotel but I Probably Wouldn't Revisit”

Best Western Plus Chicago Hillside
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hillside
Reviewed August 7, 2014

This hotel picks up from O'Hare, which can be quite convenient...only when they came to pick me up, they did so in an unmarked van. As such, I was unnecessarily waiting for them and vice versa for about 20 minutes only though we were only feet away from each other. Not the best way to start a trip, but the driver was very pleasant and even took me to the rental car agency instead of the hotel.

My wait to check in was definitely longer than usual because there were several people ahead of me and only one person at the desk. The room itself was fine—clean, working fridge, cold A/C, LG flatscreen. Good ice machine and OK snack vending in the hallway, but no drink vending anywhere to be found.

Parking lot is adequate. Unlike most Best Westerns, they don't offer free breakfast, so I didn't bother eating there.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
214gene, Manager at Best Western Plus Chicago Hillside, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us. The unmarked van needs to be addressed. You seemed mostly okay with your stay, but you say you probably wouldn't return. We hope you'll change your mind.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Rude housekeeping staff, AC didn't work but half the time, told my son to go get extra towels down at the pool!!! Would not recommend to anyone else or return to this hotel again!!! We had set up services at the banquet hall, and there were last minute inaccuracies; the event was still nice, but the mix-up caused plenty of stress before the event. Only good thing I can say is that the food was good, and they let us take the extras with us, afterwards.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
214gene, Manager at Best Western Plus Chicago Hillside, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

We are sorry to hear you felt stressed. Rest assured, we will address the staffing issues. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

I lost my wedding ring in my room so I advised the staff and they also could not find it. Three weeks later, during a deep clean, the night stand was moved and my ring appeared. It was turned in and was mailed back to me. This easily could have not been reported and no one would know. The staff is to be commended on their honesty and integrity. I am very grateful and glad to have my ring back.

Room Tip: Choose a room that does not face the front of the motel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank beb1
214gene, Manager at Best Western Plus Chicago Hillside, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

We are very pleased that your wedding ring was found. The staff will be happy that you singled them out for praise. We hope you stay with us again. Keep that ring on your finger!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

In addition of my great stay in hotel I need to remark that I meet a great person on the Charlie's Restaurant Mrs. Shari Ryan an Old lady working at 10pm with a great and professional performance dedicate to "we" ( guest) at a senior age. It is not common to see a dedicate person from that age in customer service on that working hours. I wish to see her working in a morning shift as a privilege to get a person of that rank for us as guest. My Dad just got retired at 69 and I'm very proud of him right now.

Room Tip: clean rooms.
1  Thank j c

We're grateful for your GREAT review. Thank you very much. We will let Mrs. Ryan know that you singled her out for praise.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

The only Thing Good about this place was the bar in the lobby, staff was rude and unfriendly the rooms was over price, i've stayed in cleaner motels then this dump. the shuttle vans only take you to the airport and bus stop

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. On the same day you were unhappy, another guest was extremely pleased. We're sorry your experience was not good. We want all our guests to be happy.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

This hotel is a great place to stay if you are visiting the Chicago area. There is a big bar/restaurant with great food. The staff is great. Someone will help you at the front entrance with baggage if you need it. They provide shuttle service to almost anywhere you need to go. If you need to go downtown Chicago they will provide shuttle service to the blue line train service that will take you. They will also provide pickup or drop off service at the O'Hare airport so you won't have an expensive cab ride. The rooms are extra comfortable and clean. I always stay there when I have to work in Chicago. It is my home away from home. Enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: I've stayed on all 3 floors in this hotel and have been pleased with all rooms I have stayed in...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
214gene, Manager at Best Western Plus Chicago Hillside, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words. We appreciate the fact that you consider us your home away from home. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Not clean. Ignored us being stuck in an elevator and loud cleaning staff in the morning. Breakfast staff not friendly. We planne dthe trip for months and thought this hotel would be ideal. one of the night staff basically called me a liar and said that we had left a do not disturb sign on the door and that was the reason our room was not cleaned. we did not leave the sign on the door. when i confronted a lady from the cleaning staff the next day, she said one of our children told her that my wife and i went to buy food and ould be right back. The stories were different from the lady at the desk and the cleaning lady.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Maurice T
214gene, Manager at Best Western Plus Chicago Hillside, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

We are distressed to hear about your experience. We of course want our staff to be friendly and helpful at all times. We will talking to the hotel manager about your experience. Thank you for sharing your story.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillside
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West
Hampton Inn Chicago/Westchester (Oak Brook)
Regal Inn Chicago-O'hare Airport Franklin Park
6 mi away
Comfort Suites O'Hare
Comfort Suites O'Hare
#3 of 9 in Schiller Park

Been to Best Western Plus Chicago Hillside? Share your experiences!