“Great stay here”

Best Western Plus Chicago Hillside
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hillside
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I booked this hotel after cancelling another hotel, and I'm glad I did. We were in town for a memorial service and this one was closer. Beds were comfy (altho hubby didn't like the "small" pillows, and I then showed him they were just folded that way for looks). and clean. Linens were fine, coffee maker, frig and microwave provided. We used the shuttle service (both drivers were very pleasant) to go to the Blue Line to go to downtown Chicago, and were picked up promptly after we called the hotel upon our return to the station. Front desk personnel very nice and helpful. The heater was a little noisy, and the hotel fronts on a busy expressway, so light sleepers may have a problem, but asking for an even numbered room, would put you on the opposite side.
The attached restaurant had a breakfast buffet every morning ($6.00 for guests versus the $9.99 for non-guests) was good with plenty of choices. Friday night we had the pasta buffet which was basically a couple kinds of pasta stirfried with your choices of veggies, chicken, seafood and red or white sauces. There was also fish and chicken, veggies, and a great mac and cheese.

Would definitely stay here again if coming to Chicago!

Room Tip: Ask for a even numbered room, on the other side of the expressway.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank redbug
adamse, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Chicago Hillside, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to give us the review. Were glad you enjoyed your stay. Appreciate the comments about our breakfast buffet which many of our guests do enjoy. Thanks

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I live in Waukegan and work in Chicago. Whenever the weather is terrible. I stay at the Best Western in Hillside. I have reserved online the day before and the day of and have always received a very clean and comfortable room/bed. It is far better than sliding home on the icy roads.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for your kind words. We appreciate your staying with us. On your next visit if you can we have the greatest pizza in our lounge give it a try. Thanks.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We were there for the record convention on January 19th, 2014. While there we had the
breakfast buffet. The debit card charge for that didn't show up on my statement until
February 15th. Is this standard practice for the hotel to wait that long to run a debit card?
I have never stayed in a room but often attend the record convention there held every
other month. I am also a Best Western Rewards Member and I am not pleased with this.
I don't like the idea of my debit card information hanging out on some computer for nearly
a month.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thanks for taking time out for a review. Unfortunately we do not control the banks as to when they do the posting of charges on your account. If there was something we could do to speed up the process we would gladly assist. I hope the rest of your stay was pleasant.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Beds suck and the heater is outdated and very noisy. I would liken this hotel to a super 8 or motel 6, but more expensive. If you were planning on staying here I would go with plan B on this one. In there defense they were very friendly about giving me a late checkout so I could keep my stuff in the room for a couple extra hours so that was nice of them.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thanks for letting us know about the noisy heater. We haven't had any other complaints lately about this issue. I wish you had said something while you were here as we would of switched rooms for you or at least tried to fix the issues. Thanks again for your review and we will review our heating units in our rooms.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Accomodations were average but the Breakfast Bar was totally unacceptable for what was advertised. Service people didn't seem to want to help in correcting the problem - 2nd Best Western I had stayed in the past 3 months and found the Hotels to be unacceptable

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Kent L

I was sorry to hear that our breakfast wasn't acceptable for you. We usually do not get any complaints about it as about 5000 people every month seem to enjoy it. Our staff is usually very friendly. I wish you would of stopped at the front desk and mentioned this as we like to react on issues instantly whenever possible. Thanks again

Reviewed January 14, 2014

If you are looking for a place in the Chicago area, try this hotel. You will receive friendly service, the rooms are comfortable, the entire staff is friendly and extremely helpful. The breakfast buffet is wonderful, and if you are there on a Friday night, that buffet is awesome. Beware that the restaurant menu is limited, but the portions are huge. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Being my first time in Chicago I didn't really know where to stay, but this best western was awesome! They let us check in at 11 even though check in is at 3, the front desk was beyond helpful at explaining the train system to us. The breakfast was awesome! Great place with free parking. Definitely would go back!

• Stayed: December 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillside
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside
Hampton Inn Chicago/Westchester (Oak Brook)
Best Western Plus O'Hare International South Hotel
5 mi away
Best Western Plus Oakbrook Inn
The Drake Hotel - Oak Brook

Been to Best Western Plus Chicago Hillside? Share your experiences!