Best Western Plus Chicago Hillside
Hilton.com
$143
$134
Doubletree.com
All reviewsbreakfast buffetforest parkbrookfield zooshuttle serviceroom was cleano'hare airporttrain stationwould stay here againvery nice hotelgreat place to stayblue linecoffee makerbwchicagoloyoladowntownexpressway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 4, 2010

I traveled to Chicago with my parents for my daughters Navy Graduation. We decided to go a couple of days early to enjoy the city of Chicago. We agreeded to stay at Best Western Hillside because of location and general repetition of Best Western Hotels. For the most part we enjoyed our stay here until we decided to leave to head to Great Lakes for the graduation.

After we had checked out and were almost in Great Lakes for the graduation, I discovered that I had left my jewelry behind. I immediately contacted the hotel to inform them and spoke to the manager and was told that the housekeeping did locate my jewelry in the room when they were cleaning the room. At this time I was so grateful that they had turned it in to the management. After the Graduation Ceremony was over my parents and I immediately left Great Lakes, and hurried over to the hotel to retrieve my items. When we arrived at the hotel I was given my items less me priceless Wedding set. (You need to know that I am a widow of less than three years)

It was at this time that the staff became less then helpful with getting my wedding set returned or any answers as to where it was. I contacted the local police department and reported the item STOLEN! He in turn turned it over to a detective that spoke to both housekeeping staff. The detective also felt the he was sure who took it but had no evidence to pursue. It was then that I contacted the owners of Best Western Hillside Hotel, their position was that if the police were unable to purse then there was nothing that they would be able to do to assist me.

So if you choose to stay here be CAREFUL because the two housekeepers are still on STAFF THERE!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank DebbieFontenette
adamse, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Chicago Hillside, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2011

Thank you for your response. Up until your "incident" I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. As you did mention we did find your jewelery as you had left it and it was held for your arrival later that evening. WE have no idea as to what happened to your "ring" and were sorry you have not found it. The employee that you accussed has been a trusted employee for many years and has had no "incidents' with any of our guests in all these years. We sincerley hope that you find your ring and we thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed October 22, 2010

I was desperate to find pet friendly lodging for a reasonable value on a weekend that all the hotels in Chicago were sold out.

Thankfully I found this one after trying about 50 hotels.

My room was so large and luxurious, I lulled myself into believing I was in a 4 star hotel on Michigan Avenue.

And it always has an available room.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
adamse, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Chicago Hillside, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2010

Thanks for writing this review. Most guests that have a great experience don't write so you made our day. We do try and give our guests a great stay and were glad we succeded with you. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 8, 2010

On September 17, 2010, my husband and I caught a flight to Chicago for a funeral. The airline Security took my husbands shaving cream and our flight got in around midnight. We were to attend a funeral the next morning and really didn't know where to get shaving cream at that hour.

Blessedly, the desk clerk at the Best Western had shaving cream behind the counter. We were relieved that we didn't have to hunt some down in the wee hours of the morning. To make matters worse, when we arrived in our room, my husband realized that he didn't have his shaver. Once again, the Best Western desk clerk came through for us. We were very happy.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your review. We do try carry some of the items that our guests needs. Wealso want to thank you for taking the time to sing our praises. We enjoyed haveing you as our guest and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 1, 2010

Had to wait 45 mins for the shuttle to arrive after we had called to request pick-up from O'Hare airport. Since it's listed as an airport hotel we were surprised that the drive to the hotel took half an hour. Arrived late at night and only stayed one night so didn't use any of the facilities. Breakfast buffet is extensive with both hold and cold food but it was $8.95 plus tax on top of the price for the room whereas other hotels offer free breakfast (albeit not such a wide choice as this buffet). Room was spacious and clean (two queens) and all the staff we encountered helpful and friendly. Used the shuttle again in the morning only five minutes wait this time and the driver dropped us off at the car rental place rather than the airport; we requested this and since we were the only passengers it was not a problem.
For our return flight we booked into Quality Inn , closer to airport with lower rates and breakfast included and very frequent shuttle service.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Thanks for your review. Yes were a little farther out from the airport. We are a full service hotel instead of a limited service so we have a full restaurant with a great breakfast buffet for a reasonable price. Our rooms are great too, in fact for the last three years we have been awarded thew Chairmans Award for Quality and Service. Only the top 1% of the Best Western Hotels in the country achieve that status.

Reviewed June 23, 2010

On June 12,2010 American Airlines canceled the last leg of our trip home to San Francisco. Airline experience from Hell! We recieved a voucher for a portion of our stay here. We checked in at about 1:30am and the staff were wonderful. There was no problem w/ late check out the next day as our flight was not until 4:30 pm. The in house food venue had a reasonable $ Sunday Brunch. They provide 24 hour shuttle service to OHare. For not having a choice in places to stay this was bright spot in an other wise miserable trip home. American Airlines never again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple