“New hotel and it shows”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hillside
Colorado
“New hotel and it shows”
Reviewed June 9, 2010

Stayed here before staying elsewhere for business during the week. The hotel is new and it shows. I stopped in before my stay because needed to store some luggage and pick them up when I checked in. The front desk was extremely accomodating in this request. There was a big party at the hotel and although the pool/whirlpool was noisy that evening, my room was very quiet and I had a great night's sleep. There was a lightbulb out in my room and I notified the front desk and it was fixed immediately. It's great to get free breakfast at a hotel and it had plenty to offer anyone. Plenty of eating choices nearby (Jimmy John's, Qdoba, Panda Express, pizza joint all within walking, others nearby by car), as well as general shopping needs (Super Target and Office Max in same parking area). LaGrange isn't too far if you're looking for something more town-like and I stopped here for WiFi and coffee the day following my stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Seattle, WA
Reviewed April 13, 2010

We chose this hotel over several others in the area that we've stayed at before. It's new, which is a very big plus. The rooms were immaculate, the bed was comfortable, and best of all, it was incredibly quiet. Our room was on the shopping center side, which faces west. No Mannheim traffic noise for us. Breakfast was filling and the staff member who was refilling the bins and pots was just charming. We'd stay again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelLib
Hinsdale
Reviewed March 2, 2010

This hotel is in a "busy traffic" area, right off I-290 on Mannheim - at what we Chicagoans call the "Hillside Strangler" - innersection at Mannheim and I-290. I asked for a room facing the new shopping center parking lot with the thought it would be quieter than facing Mannheim traffic all night. I was right, accept there was a huge STAPLES sign on all night that our room faced....thank goodness for black out curtains that actually work. The bed was very comfortable and the breakfast buffet had a great selection. I would totally recommend this hotel if you are passing through and need a place to lay your head, with reasonable rate!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Luna721
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 16, 2009

Stayed one night during stopover through O'Hare Airport from an overseas trip.
Drove to the hotel in a rental car.

The property is still new, and it looks it.
However, the carpets and rugs in the public areas, as well as the doors and walls of the elevators were soiled, which was surprising, considering how well the hotel appears to be kept otherwise.

Odd-numbered rooms are quieter, as they face the parking lot rather than the busy street. (The hotel is also next to train tracks, but I didn't hear any trains passing overnight.)

The two rooms I entered both had a strange musky smell, but it was not offensive enough to be offputting.
Beds were extremely comfortable (and mattresses/pads very soft). Plenty of tv stations to choose from. WiFi signal strong in the room with very fast internet connection. Shower flow very anemic (? due to water-conserving showerhead required by law).
No refrigerator in rooms.

All the staff with whom I interacted were pleasant and efficient.

Nothing much of interest in the immediate vicinity.

(Not that far from O'Hare, but because this hotel is associated with Hillside, Illinois rather than O'Hare Airport in TripAdvisor, it might be hard to find it in TripAdvisor among the hotel options near O'Hare.)

• Stayed December 2009
1 Thank Liteh
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 26, 2009

This recent property had the room I was looking for after a long business travel day: it was clean and a good size, the bed was comfortable, the tv was a large LCD with snow-free reception (including HD). The wireless internet worked flawlessly. Except for the odd traffic noise the room was quiet. The bathroom was nice although the showerhead was unusually high making it difficult to adjust.
I found the staff quite helpful. The parking lot has many spaces. I noticed a shopping mall nearby which can be convenient. I did not have time to check out restaurants in the neighbourhood. The breakfast selection and quality was up to fine Holiday Inn Express standards.
This will be my location of choice for this area.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Dagger_TO
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed October 22, 2009

This is a very nice property and I typically discount nitpicking complaints but I was here for 4 days and they never vaccummed the floor, never changed the bag for the ice bucket and they left two de-caf coffee pouches twice.

The bed was comfortable but the hassle negates the bed....oh, and when I notified management of the problems they recited the rule book and said they always did these things...basically calling me a liar in spite of my showing them the old bag and two decaf coffee pouches and dirty floors.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank deanturner
St Louis
Reviewed August 10, 2009

We just stayed in this property over the weekend. We were in town to visit our daughters and attend a Sox game.

We make a habit of staying in Holiday Inn Properties, and this one was at the top of my list. The staff went above and beyond our expectations. We were given a very nice room on the top floor. The hotel is brand new and it shows. The room was exceptional and the beds were extremely comfortable.

The hotel is located in a new shopping center. One of the stores is a Target Super Store that carried a couple things we forgot to pack, plus we picked up some fresh fruit and cheese for the room.

I am very happy we picked this location. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillside
Best Western Plus Chicago Hillside
Hampton Inn Chicago/Westchester (Oak Brook)
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside
The Carleton of Oak Park
The Drake Hotel - Oak Brook
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West? Share your experiences!