“Night manager Jeffrey was awesome”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hillside
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I just had the worst travel experience of my life, and the night manager here Jeffrey was awesome. It's nice to see a hotel still provide customer service and not treat you like a number. If you get stuck at Ohare, this place is a great option.

• Stayed: August 2013
Carlos M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

It's our pleasure and a great honor to make sure our guest stay is a good one. Sometime travel is and good and sometime everything that could go wrong does. We hope that upon walking in our doors you feel welcome and at ease. Please anytime in Chicago West Ohare area come back to visit us.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We went to Chicago from August 15th to August 17th for the funeral of my Aunt. While in Chicago we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Hillside, IL so that we could attend the funeral services, because Q was our receptionist we were blessed with a very comfortable room and she made sure we had transportation to accommodate us during our difficult visit. I would like to thank the Holiday Inn Express and Ms. Q for the excellent service we received during this trying time in our lives. Thanks alot from the the Johnson/Bowns/Moore Family.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Carlos M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

We are pleased that our staff member was able to make your stay a good one. In good or bad times to know that you can depend on great service it make things a little bit easier. Please feel free to come back, are arms are opened.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I booked a room here because the hotel where I was staying the rest of the weekend was booked but this was near friends who were also in town but leaving early the next day. The location is on Manheim and next to a freight railroad. No worries! I was so quiet in my room, aside from occasional buzzing from the air conditioner. I slept well and only heard the train during the day. The room was spacious, a non-upgraded room. Everything was clean and nice in keeping with HIE standards. I would recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Manheim is busy and there is a freight train going by but neither bothered me. I would still opt fo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Carlos M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

You are correct we are twenty five minutes for Chicago Ohare Airport. We are also right next to the 290 expressway which takes you right into downtown Chicago. There is dining right across the street and if you want to get out fifteen minutes away is some of the best steak and seafood and shopping in Oakbrook. Overall we are in a great location and our guest satifaction is second to none.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I work for a local company and had made several reservations which I needed to change the names on. I talked to the receptionist Q, and she was polite and extremely helpful, even with many other things happening at the front desk. Thank you Q!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Carlos M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

It's our duty to make sure you as well as all our guest have a great experience and sounds like you did! Please come back anytime are arms are open.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I travel too much and that afforded me to become a Platinum member. My stay at this hotel was hands down "The Best " experience that I've received in a long time. The professionalism, the kindness at the front desk, and the accommodations that were granted to me and my family are greatly appreciated. Thanks- for making us feel appreciated and important....

Room Tip: I prefer suites, so the suite that I had on the 3rd floor was quiet and comfortable. My family had s...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

We are pleased to here that our staff has gone over and above and made you feel welcomed. We are committed to our guest and will always strive for the best. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The Hotel receptionist Q was great, She was courteous, polite and informative about everything. She made the stay more hospitable for me and my family, I'm glad she was there! She is second to no one in her field of work, Again thank you Q, Your the best!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Carlos M, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

It's welcoming news to hear your stay was a good one. Our staff is committed to servicing you and all of our guest. Please anytime in Hillside remember our great service and please do come back and stay with us!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We had to travel right outside of Chicago for a funeral. This was one of the designated hotels offered to the family. I'm not usually a fan of Holiday Inn Express, but this was a decent place to stay for the $$ charged.

We stayed in a suite. The room was clean and spacious. There is a small 24 hr fitness room available and an indoor pool. They offer "complimentary" continental breakfast of eggs, ham, pastries, breads, cereals, yogurt, fruit and sausage gravy. Although I didn't have one, I hear their cinnamon rolls were amazing. The location is conveniently located off of a major highway. It's adjacent to a shopping center with Super Target, Ross, and Panda Express. So not too isolated. I wish there were more restaurants around, but there are a few fast food spots 1/2 mile or so away. We stayed two nights and it was "ok". Any more, and we would have been bored. Not too much to see/do in the area.

My major issue with this hotel is a lot of guys hang out in front. We couldn't determine if they were guests or workers of the hotel. But each evening they were just sitting out front smoking and talking. I thought it was a bit strange to see in a public location. They didn't bother us, but as a female I found it off-putting.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Our prayers go out to you and your family regarding your lost. Our facility has great shopping and restaurants just 15 minutes away. I'm sorry that you were not aware of that but I hope in the future on a different occasion you come back to see that there is plenty to do. Also if you like shopping a new mall just opened only 25 minutes away from the hotel. Just a reminder in the future if there is something we can do for you just ask us. We are here to service you and no request is to big or to small.

Front Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillside
O'Hare
Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
Holiday Inn Chicago O'Hare
#141 of 192 in Chicago

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West? Share your experiences!