“Okay, if you don't need to be downtown!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hillside
Toronto, Canada
“Okay, if you don't need to be downtown!”
Reviewed August 28, 2011

So we stayed here two nights, but was supposed to stay for a week. Hotel is fairly new, and really clean. If you are just using it for O'hare its fine, we were there visiting downtown and found it to be to much hassle going back and forth.
The breakfast is basic. I found the staff to be not very friendly.
The price was good. If you have a car, head over to Oakbrook Center and the Cheesecake factory.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Kevin L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West, responded to this review, September 1, 2011
Thank you for your feedback! I am glad that you found our hotel very clean during your stay. Our hotel is located west of O’Hare International Airport. We are pleased to offer guests complementary transportation to and from the airport and to any destination within 5 miles of the hotel based on shuttle availability. I can assure you that our staff goes to great lengths to provide our guests with great service. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to provide feedback on what our staff can do next time to make your stay more enjoyable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Indian Trail, North Carolina
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I spent one night here for business. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The main complaint I have is that the work area inside the room consisted of a table (not one made for working) and a standard wooden chair (not an executive or computer chair). This made doing any work quite uncomfortable. In addition, there was no mini-fridge, which I am used to seeing to keep drinks cold.

The location was decent. It is very close to O'hare and took no time at all to reach directly from the airport. The hotel was on the edge of a shopping center that includes several fast food places and a target with a starbucks inside. If you wanted a sit-down type restaurant, you had to drive.

I would not recommend this hotel to business travellers due to the reasons outlined above. I am not even sure if I would recommend to families. Collectively, this hotel would only be good for those who will be out and about the entire day and just want a clean, comfortable place to stay with a hot breakfast at a reasonable price.

The staff at the hotel were superb. I arrived quite early and they had a room ready for me. Also, I desperately needed some documents faxed ASAP and they were able to fax right away for me free of charge, so any negatives that I have about this hotel have nothing to do with the staff or service.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Kevin L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West, responded to this review, August 22, 2011
Thank you for your valuable feedback!! I will pass along to our staff your comments about the excellent service you received at our hotel. The room you stayed in is one of our rooms designed for multiple travelers staying in one room. Based on the feedback we have received, we are looking adding executive chairs to our rooms with two queen size beds. We are also looking at adding mini-refrigerators and microwaves to our rooms with two queen size beds in the near future. All of our standard rooms with king size beds and suites with king size beds do come with mini-refrigerators and microwaves along with executive chairs for the work area.
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I stay at H.I.E. four days a week, and this hotel is now my favorite in the Chicago area. Its a simple five minute drive to Metra or CTA train stations and located right in a shopping center. The woman that checked my wife and I in, was very friendly and helped ease my wife's fears of riding the trains. She even asked us the next day if my wife handled the trip on the train well! The bed was great, and breakfast was...good...buuuuut one complaint. YOU DIDN'T HAVE CINNAMON ROLLS. My wife not having had the cinnamon rolls, was looking forward to giving them a try..we woke up early to go down to eat, get our cereal and rolls, and instead of the cinnamon rolls, you had french toast... Now she has no idea why I love H.I.E. so much... disappointing.

Great hotel though...just feed us cinnamon rolls!!!

Can't rate the room price, as I used points. Free is always good.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank joshNdaVille
Kevin L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
Thank you for your feedback! I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel during your trip to Chicago. I am sorry that there were not any cinnamon rolls on the breakfast buffet during your stay. Sometime demand for our hotel picks up more than expected and we run out of cinnamon rolls before our next order arrives. I can assure you that our breakfast staff works very hard to ensure we have enough food for all of our guests to enjoy their complementary Express Start breakfast. Please keep our hotel in mind next time you are in the Chicagoland area.
Regina, Canada
Reviewed July 30, 2011

This was our first time visiting Chicago & we were very concerned about finding a hotel, close to Chicago with a decent hotel rate with amenities as well as being in a safe location. We were very pleased that we had chosen this particular Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites. We had no reason for worry.

Plenty of free parking available for guests, located next to a small shopping center that includes 24 hr Target and Staples (to mention a few) As well there are dining options (IHOP) as well as others. Everything is within walking distance.

Staff was very helpful upon checkin and through out our stay. Breakfast was served at either between 6-7:00 am and continued to either 9:30 or 10:00 am. Plenty of choices available - met our family's appetities perfectly. However, during the time we were there the breakfast area was extremely busy which made seating rather difficult. At one time, there were no chairs to be found but the staff rectified that matter immediately bringing chairs into the breakfast area from one of their conference rooms for the guests.

The hotel is CLEAN throughout. Our room was no exception. It was clean through out.

Throughout our stay, we chose to drive into Chicago on one of the busier thoroughfares as well as the interstate. Depending on the time of day you are travelling into Chicago, it was a fast drive into the city.

Overall, we were very impressed with this particular Holiday Inn Express and would recommend it to anyone that is visiting the Chicago area, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
California
Reviewed July 27, 2011

This is a fantastic hotel just down the street (about ten minutes) from the main rental car location at O'Hare International. The hotel was clean, comfortable, and the staff were friendly and helpful. About fifteen minutes after checking in one of the housekeepers knocked on our door just to check that we had everything that we needed (towels, soaps, etc). They have a 24 hour convenience "store" with cold drinks and microwavable snacks next to the front desk. The morning buffet had a good selection of the typical cereal, fruit, juices, coffee, and bread stuff along with pancakes, eggs, sausage, and bacon.

This hotel is located in a shopping center with a Super Target. This is very convenient if you need to pick up some items, grab a Starbuck's coffee, groceries, etc. There is also a Chase bank and Panda Express in the shopping center and gas station across the street.

Location, comfort, and price made this a great place to stay. I recommend it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Very new hotel in a safe neighbourhood close to Chicago. The staff was very friendly and helpful the whole time that I was there. The area amenities are good for it is located in a new strip mall development. The location was great since you could just take the Eisenhower expressway downtown. The hotel does offer a shuttle service which is very convenient for getting down to the 'L' light rail station and saves a lot of time if you're going downtown. The room was nice although being on the east side of the hotel there is a lot of truck traffic from the quarry down the road, but was not much of a problem in terms of sleeping. In the mornings the hotel had the best continetal breakfast I've had before. On an overall scale the hotel was great with everything and more you could need for a hotel in it's class, i had a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed July 2011
Reviewed July 13, 2011

The hotel has recently been 'refreshed' and it was worth every penny! One of the nicest Holiday Inn properties I've stayed at. Everything was clean, the room was surprisingly quiet, amd the location is good. They even have shuttle service to the airport; it also takes you within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. No complaints here!

• Stayed July 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hillside
Best Western Plus Chicago Hillside
Hampton Inn Chicago/Westchester (Oak Brook)
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Hillside
The Carleton of Oak Park
The Drake Hotel - Oak Brook
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chicago Airport West? Share your experiences!