“Decent Mexican”

Taco's El Norte
Ranked #17 of 57 Restaurants in Highwood
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Now that I've had REALLY GOOD mexican- El Durango in Gurnee- This place gets a good rating. Salsa is below average. Sauces are below average. Soup is terrible.

There are newer reviews for Taco's El Norte

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Came here for lunch the other day with my friend/boss. The service was super friendly and efficient - and the prices can't be beat either! We ordered from the a la carte menu and we were both filled up for a total of $12 including tip! He had three tacos and I had two tacos and a quesadilla. The quesadilla was a simple corn tortilla with nice gooey Mexican cheese melted inside. It certainly satisfied those little kid taste buds still lingering about me. I squirted a bit hot sauce into it and was good to go. My tacos were the carne asada and they were great and also satisfying.

Tocos El Norte is certain to be added to our list of lunch spots. It is a really nice choice for when we want to get away from the usual lunch candidates in downtown Highland Park.

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

The Torpedo Burrito is a must! Grilled steak, cheese, rice, & eggs over easy inside. So good! Service was fast and friendly.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We had a wonderful meal here! The food came quickly and the food was hot. The prices were very reasonable for the amount of food you received. The service was excellent. Great place to bring families. Will definitely come again.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I used to eat here many years ago. Came back for a visit. Bustling at lunch time. Got the chili relleno burito. Very disappointing. They took the frozen pepper out it in the microwave for a little, then wrapped it into a burrito with some rice n beans and such. Still cold inside. Maybe this was just an isolated experience. Hope so.