“A Gem”
Review of Miramar Bistro

Miramar Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Miramar Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 57 Restaurants in Highwood
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Highwood Ave
Transit: Metra Train is one block from the restaurant.
Dallas, Texas
“A Gem”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Had a group function for lunch. Food was excellent! Don't know how we missed this place but will be on the "return" list from now on.

Visited October 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Omelet they need help”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I ordered a cheese omelet and received a flat scrambled egg with cheese that looked like a quesadia rather then an omelet, and kind of over cooked as well

Visited September 2013
Pensacola, Florida
“I must be dining at a different Miramar”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

To start, I don't understand the MANY reviews describing Miramar as 'cozy' (unless that means tables/banquette seating so close you can butter your neighbor's bread and the servers are constantly bumping into diners). Maybe the corner banquette might do for 'cozy'.

I agree with the comment made about Gabriel being better in the kitchen than the front of the house, although the place could use a little 'supervision' of employees.

Fodd can be excellent or mediocre, which is why I am not recommending any menu item specifically. INCONSISTENCY is what drives me away from a restaurant.

Even the cocktails have been inconsistent---we've been suspicious about what kinds of liquor they use, (even sitting at the bar to watch) but got distracted with conversation and didn't catch all the bar action. (Never saw a green bottle when someone ordered Tanqueray).

Might return if we run out of other restaurants to visit but not likely. (Really miss GABRIEL'S--even though the diners were getting a bit scruffier looking I never saw anyone DINING with a baseball cap on---MIRAMAR patrons seem to take 'casual' to new lows. Gabriel wants 'hip' but I don't equate hip with slobby even though I'm 'of an age' (24)

• Visited August 2013
Dayton, Ohio
“Great food and great service”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

This was my first time at Miramar. The food was great and so was the service. We were there for lunch and everyone in our group was happy with what they ordered.

If I'm in the area again, I will definitely return.

• Visited May 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Stick to the mussels and ahi Tina nicoise salad”
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant a number of times before and always ordered the mussels, which are delicious. This time I ventured out and got the crab cake appetizer. Bad idea! If there was any crab in there, I couldn't tell ) certainly NOT lump crabs) and cake was fried rather than broiled. Stick with French basics and you'll be fine. Service was very attentive.

• Visited April 2013