“Disappointing Lunch”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I went to Tap House with my son. I had a salad which was OK... but I was not expecting much more than that as it is a bar type food. That said, my 17 year old son thought that the wings were disappointing... fried...overcook. And, he thought the burger was average at best. Too bad because it was a perfect atmoshere for a 17 year old boy!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

A great way to try new beers is to order a flight. You get three small brews. I tried the hard cider, 80 acre and Haywire. Haywire was my favorite and reminded me of Blue Moon but only with a lemon rather than an orange. I ordered the Organic Margherita flat bread. The flavor was good but it was very greasy. I used 2 napkins to soak up the grease. Others in our party ordered the southwestern chicken quesadilla and the chicken marinated kabobs. They all liked these and the kabob is what I will be ordering next time. Service and atmosphere was pleasant. We will be returning.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Perhaps this was just an off night for Tap House Grill. But based on the experience of my party tonight -- don't bother with this restaurant. After being seated, we waited for over 30 minutes without any notice from the wait staff. I had to ask for a someone to come to our table to bring menus. The appetizers were fairly good -- deep fried cheese curds were good. But the entrees were very bland -- skip the chicken chipotle tacos. After painfully slow service, I again had to look for someone to bring the bill. And the restaurant was only moderately busy.

This was my first and last visit to Tap House Grill. There are plenty of better restaurants in Highwood.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I've been here twice now and have enjoyed it both times. First of all, living in the West, macrobrew lagers don't do it for me; water has more taste. Ales are my thing, especially IPAs. So, it is refreshing to find a place in the midwest with half a dozen IPAs on draft.

The food has been good both times I've been there too. The first time I got a chicken Caesar or cobb or something like that, and the last time I got a slider, which hit the spot. This restaurant also has ambiance. The service wasn't the most attentive, but it wasn't bad either.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

My husband craves their mac and cheese and I their meatball sandwich. Each times we've gone we've tried and new brew and are never disappointed. Service is always friendly. Our child even is able to find food he enjoys!