“Favorite ice cream in the area”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Sweet Pea's Ice Cream
Ranked #3 of 3 Dessert in Highwood
Apiro, Italy
“Favorite ice cream in the area”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Sweet pea's is my favorite ice cream shop in the Chicago area! That is saying something considering how many I have been to. Zanzibar is my favorite flavor but I have tried most of them and you can't go wrong with flavor choice. If you don't want ice cream their chocolate covered bananas and chocolate cover cheesecake are divine. Highly recommended

• Visited August 2013

Spring Hill, Tennessee
“Great Variety of Flavors”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I loved the selection of flavors. I had a hard time deciding but ended up with the pistachio nut. They were out of the pretzel cones which I want to try next time. They need to get more outdoor seating. There were only 2 tables and very little seating inside. So we had to stand outside a neighboring store front.

Visited July 2013
Mountain View, California
“There's always money in the banana stand.”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

In high school, I came to Sweet Pea's so often the owners knew my name. But their prices rose, I went to college... Gained some weight, found it hard to justify going here when Love's is equidistant from my house, comparably priced, and at least seems healthier.

A couple of weeks ago, though, my parents got some groupons for the place, and I remembered exactly why it's justifiable to come here rather than any other ice cream place in the area: frozen bananas dipped in peanut butter and chocolate. They are enormous, and every bite is worth it, in terms of money and calories.

By the way, all of their ice cream is certified kosher, which can be important so close to Highland Park!

• Visited August 2011