“Michaels sets the standard”

Michael's Chicago Style Red Hots
Ranked #17 of 109 Restaurants in Highland Park
Cuisines: American
Description: We've been serving the community for over 40 years. We recently renovated and offer accommodations for private events 7 days a week. We are open for lunch & dinner and serve beer, wine & signature cocktails everyday, all day! Our space and menu and kid and family friendly and our large menu offers options from everyone. Gluten-free options are available!
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Outstanding selection of salad bar choices. Fantastic hot dogs done in a variety of ways and incredible hamburgers with all the choice fixings. Many other lunch and dinner options all equally great. All made to order and prepared quickly. The seating area is large and always kept clean. Staff is friendly.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Michaels is a family restaurant in downtown highland park. I think the chopped salad is the best ever. You pick all your own toppings so there are no surprises in the salad. It's a great place to take kids as the menu has something for everyone.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The biggest menu of any hot dog stand I have seen. Top custom salads are delicious. My favorites include: Buffalo burger, Jumbo char dog and cheddar fries.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I love Michael's! Having grown up in the north suburbs but now living in the southwest, this is the place that I tell my family to meet me at when I get into town. The have grilled hot dogs, steamed hot dogs, salads, sandwiches and something for everyone... even a gluten free vegetarian!!!
Everything about Michael's is great! I can hardly wait to eat there again.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Love going to Michael's for an italian beef and fries. Personally, Char Dog was not my favorite. I'm more of a standard Chicago hot dog person. Counter staff is amazing memorizing orders and I never saw them make a mistake. Always friendly and always good. Love that part of Highland Park. Sometimes hard to park near the restaurant during busy lunch and dinner, but absolutely worth it.