“#1 Hot Dog Stand”

Michael's Chicago Style Red Hots
Ranked #13 of 109 Restaurants in Highland Park
Cuisines: American
Description: We've been serving the community for over 40 years. We recently renovated and offer accommodations for private events 7 days a week. We are open for lunch & dinner and serve beer, wine & signature cocktails everyday, all day! Our space and menu and kid and family friendly and our large menu offers options from everyone. Gluten-free options are available!
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The biggest menu of any hot dog stand I have seen. Top custom salads are delicious. My favorites include: Buffalo burger, Jumbo char dog and cheddar fries.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I love Michael's! Having grown up in the north suburbs but now living in the southwest, this is the place that I tell my family to meet me at when I get into town. The have grilled hot dogs, steamed hot dogs, salads, sandwiches and something for everyone... even a gluten free vegetarian!!!
Everything about Michael's is great! I can hardly wait to eat there again.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Love going to Michael's for an italian beef and fries. Personally, Char Dog was not my favorite. I'm more of a standard Chicago hot dog person. Counter staff is amazing memorizing orders and I never saw them make a mistake. Always friendly and always good. Love that part of Highland Park. Sometimes hard to park near the restaurant during busy lunch and dinner, but absolutely worth it.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

There was a long queue, but the food was worth the wait - juicy and tender burgers. Seated outside in good weather, you can people watch, especially with other restaurants like Benjamin Tappas and gelato places just down the street.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We've been going to Michael's for years. This place is always crowded at dinner and lunch because everyone who lives in HP or surrounding suburbs knows the food is always good and always consistent. The wait staff is friendly even when things get hectic which they often do. There is a place in front where you place your order, watch it being cooked or put together, you pick it up and take it out or to a table. There are several places outside to sit and a large room in the back that's filled with pictures of people eating at Michael's. Lots of locals in those pictures. I usually get the cheddar burger which is good, the kids get hot dogs and the hubby gets burgers or chicken or skirt steak sandwiches. It's all tasty and even though it's more expensive than the usual hot dog/burger joint, the food is worth the price. They have all the makings for salads too. I don't order them but they appear to be really large portions. They make milk shakes and other ice cream items.