“Friendly family eatery”

Michael's Chicago Style Red Hots
Ranked #16 of 109 Restaurants in Highland Park
Cuisines: American
Description: We've been serving the community for over 40 years. We recently renovated and offer accommodations for private events 7 days a week. We are open for lunch & dinner and serve beer, wine & signature cocktails everyday, all day! Our space and menu and kid and family friendly and our large menu offers options from everyone. Gluten-free options are available!
Highland Park, Illinois
“Friendly family eatery”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Two lines one for hot dogs and burgers and another one for fresh salads and stuffed potatoes both can get long quickly for very good reasons but the wait is never long. And great frozen yogurt just around the side of the counter with all the toppings. Bring the kids but leave the pretentious in-laws and just enjoy the food. Kids menu is both healthy and tasty and if there is a party you could see clowns Or otherm

• Visited October 2012

Highland Park, Illinois
“Highland Park Institution”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

When we were first moving to Highland Park from Michigan our real estate agent told us to take the kids to Michael's because it is a Highland Park institution. She was right. If I had to pick one restaurant to represent Highland Park it would be Michael's.

I love their buffalo burgers. Grilled and loaded with your choice of cheese, ketchup, mustard, pickles, tomatoes, and grilled onions. The servings of french fries are huge. I would like them to start serving sweet potato fries though. The Chinese chicken wrap is good. I also love the Debbie's favorite salad but don't them chop this one, it gets too mushy.

The line can can be slow and long at peak hours. You can phone in your order though. So if you have the forethought to do so I would recommend it.

If you are looking for dinner, they close early....so not a late night place

• Visited August 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Best food in HP”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

If your ever in HP go to Michaels. I can guarantee you will leave satisfied, full, and wanting to go back!

• Visited July 2012
The Villages, Florida
“Best Polish Sausages”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

This local "hot dog joint" has great food of all kinds from salads to hot dogs to Italian beef to......, but my favorite is the grilled Polish sausage. To make it even better, I order it on French bread, which is big enough to hold all of the "stuff" I like to put on it. Best Polish sausage around!!

• Visited May 2012
Whitefish, Montana
“Highland Park Staple”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

If your in the suburbs of Chicago and you need your chardog fix, this place is a must. Show up early or you will be waiting in line. Everytime I roll into town, I have to go. Rumor has it the other food there is good, but I get the chardog everytime. Add an order of well done cheese fries to compliment the meal.

• Visited May 2012