“All good!!!!!!!!!!”

Country Kitchen
Ranked #25 of 105 Restaurants in Highland Park
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Whitefish, Montana
“All good!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

Have been here many of times for breakfast but decided to try lunch today. The owner was there to greet us. Tried a salad with grilled chicken. Ingredients were fresh and the service was friendly. Everybody else in my party had breakfast and all were satisfied. Prices seemed resonable at less then 10 dollars a plate. Parking would be the only issue here. It's a can't miss for the North Shore.

• Visited May 2012

Grayslake, Illinois, USA
“MEH - Decent food, but Overrated based on Other Reviews.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

This place has gotten rave reviews via Trip Advisor, and when I was in the area I figured this was a place I had to stop and try. I'm not sure what the high marks are for - where the food was hot and fresh enough, it's nothing I can't find at any diner in any town, USA.

ATMOSPHERE: A bit kitzy. The walls are filled with odd dishes and knicknacks, which look like they haven't been dusted since they were made (circa 1970 or so). The lighting is dirty (the light fixture over our booth had dust and cobwebs hanging off of it in strips. The vents in the bathroom had a VERY thick layer of dust / dirt / grime on them. It gave me the shivers to see the eating area so unclean - hope the kitchen / cooking area is better.

FOOD: Decent, but not memorable. We had breakfast, I had the "Ole" omelette, and my husband the Cinnamon Raisin pancakes. The server sold me on the Ole because of a supposed home made salsa, and him on the pancakes as the two MUST TRY plates.

The pancakes were a bit dry, and we have had the same dish in other restaurants which were 1000 times better, so these were a let down. The Ole omelette was HUGE (come very, very hungry), it's twice or three times the size of a regular omelette, and it was also a bit of a let down. The promised home made salsa was a let down as well, it looked like red water with little bits of green and red pepper thrown in it. Taste wise, it was fine, but the overwhelming size and underwhelming salsa didn't make for a great experience.

SERVICE: Meh. The server was unimpressed that it was our first time. She had to be flagged down to bring coffee, and was MIA when we were eating. I would have expected the best service ever from other reviews, and was let down by the real life experience.

VALUE: Fair. While not a tremendous value, it's moderately priced at around $8 or $9 per plate for breakfast.

If I was hungry and happened to be in the immediate area (on the same street, within 10 feet), I'd maybe stop again. Otherwise, this is not a place I would go out of my way to visit again..

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank j2white
Highland Park, Illinois
“The best food in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

The grilled turkey is something you should not miss!

• Visited March 2012
Utah
“The Best Breakfast In Highland Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2012

I've been coming here for years. It is my mother's (age 91) favorite place to come for breakfast or lunch. The owner, Peter treats you like family and his family runs the place. All food is prepared fresh and is of high quality. Service is as good as it gets as well. The prices are very fair also. If you are in the area you owe it to yourself to come here for one of their breakfasts. Their pancakes or waffles are above reproach. My mom's favorite lunch is chicken tenders...never knew they could be so good. Just don't miss this place if you're nearby.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank dcisive
South Florida
“Great local place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2011

We have been coming here for decades. Local place done right. Eggs are great, grilled cheese very cheesey & service is super friendly. Owner always greets you like he knows you. This place is not a chain but an original.

1 Thank zeefla