“POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE”

Ranked #31 of 106 Restaurants in Highland Park
Highland Park, Illinois
“POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE”
Reviewed February 12, 2011

We used to go the Players every once in a while & even met with friend for dinner there.
On Christmas Eve we placed a take-out order.
One dish was fried chicken.
We DO NOT eat dark meat, we asked about ALL white meat order & we were told there is an extra charge – NO PROBLEM!
When we brought the order home, we realized there were 3 pieces of dark meat.
My wife called & talked to the owner who checked our order and reached the conclusion that we DID NOT order white meat since we were NOT charged extra for white meat.
The possibility that his phone order’s taker made a mistake did not even crossed his mind. His words were: “you got what you ordered, what you want me to do about it?”
My wife said never mind and hung up the phone.
I attempted to eat the dark chicken meat and found it dry and it tasted as an OLD COOKED chicken.
At this point I was very upset, I put the chicken order back in the box and drove back to the restaurant. Upon arriving at the restaurant I approached the take-out person & asked to talk to the owner, I didn’t want to have this conversation in front of the other patrons. The owner was sitting at the bar and sent someone to tell me to come to the Bar, obviously he didn’t care.
I told him who I was and he reiterated that “You did not order white meat, you were not charged for extra white meat, the chicken is good, (he smelled it) and yes, we cook the chicken 3-4 hours earlier to have it ready for dinner. Okay! I OWE YOU A CHICKEN DINNER” at which time I told him I don’t want anything from him, he can keep the chicken dinner & I walked out.
WE WILL NOT GO BACK TO PLAYERS GRILL AGAIN!
With this kind of attitude and his treatment of returning customers there is NO reason to give him the business!

Ben
Highland Park

Visited December 2010
2 Thank benA21

Chicago, Illinois
“Consistent & not trendy North Shore neighborhood grill”
Reviewed September 19, 2006

Close enough to my home to walk after tippling at the 8 person bar, this one big room restaurant transcends burgers (two hand jam burger) and steaks (rib eye, chops, lamb ,etc) with a suprising menu of fresh fish, ribs, & chicken. I mean the food is really good. And with meals hovering in the $12 - $18 range it attracts a regular lunch and dinner crowd with occasional weekend waits. And I probably take out more often than eat in. I guess more amazing is that the place sits in the crotch of a right angled tiny shopping center sporting a dentist, computer repair and ubiquitous Starbucks off a busy street between 2 suburban town centers. Kind of equally far from everything and then hidden. So much for location. The guy walking around looking like the boss is Jerry. I don't think I've been there in the last 17 years when he isn't there as well. It is probably why they are still there. I don't know that you need to travel from LaGrange to experience this place. But if you are in the area and very upscale grilled bar food & pastas without upscale price or ambiance appeal to you, you'll do just fine at Players Grill.

2 Thank Flatlanders
A TripAdvisor Member
“A hidden treasure--Great Food Reasonably Priced”
Reviewed August 20, 2004

Terrific food at reasonable prices. Ribs, fish steaks salads,seafood, great appetizers and terrific soups, this restaurant represents the best of the neighborhood barbeque and restaurant experiences in the area.

High quality, great tastes and a wide selection of both healthy and comfort foods makes this a wonderful dine-in or carry out experiencefor lunch or dinner.
See You there!