“Awful!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
In the Raw
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I went with my daughter and the service was awful! It took 15 minutes to get seated and the place was not full. once we were seated, it took another 20 minutes for our waitress to come. I have an almond allergy and asked what dishes did not have almonds. The waitress said she would check, came back another 20 minutes later to say "didn't you know this is vegan, it all has almonds". "come back this fall and we might have something for you on the menu" REALLY??
I think not.

3  Thank belizerchic

Reviewed September 20, 2012

A friend asked me to join her for lunch here. I went because I had never been here before. The dining room is nice and the space is pleasant. But the food....good lord. I know vegans and I know about veganism. My meal was atractive. It was a salad. But it tasted terrible. The salad dressing had a bitterness to it that left a ringing taste in my mouth for hours. Was it garlic? An amino acid? Or who knows what! It was expensive. I paid (including tip) around $18 for my lunch and I really only had a plate of greens with tomatoes and a few nuts. My salad also included "eggplant bacon" which it tough like shoeleather and spicy. Unless you are vegan, and therefore a person with few good dining options, there is really no reason to pay a premium for food that is so lacking in so many ways. I once read "The Emperors New Clothes" and recall how people can be duped into believing anything. In The Raw may be the culinary embodiment of "The Emperors New Clothes".

3  Thank Thegoodegg