“So-so Mexican Food”

Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
“So-so Mexican Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Everything is ok except for the chilli relleno, which was very greasy. I asked for hot water and I got lukewarm water in a plastic glass.

• Visited June 2013

Always traveling
“No Bells, no whistles, just plenty of great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

My husband and I come here at least once a month for a nice relaxed dinner with or without the kids. A big enough space with tables set out just like any other chill little chicken place or pizza joint. The food is fantastic, great portions and even better prices. Price wise it is great for bringing the kids who usually get antsy.

• Visited September 2011
Mountain View, California
“Great burritos and tacos. Not a lot of opportunity for healthy eating here.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

I'm torn here.

If I'm writing this review as my past self, a proud carnivore, I'd say that this is the best Mexican food around, super authentic, lots of choices. Great burritos and tacos.

But if I'm writing this review as myself now, essentially a vegetarian, I have to say this place leaves something to be desired. My boyfriend and I came here for lunch and both ordered the vegetarian burrito-- he got the regular, I got the junior. They came out, appearing to be the exact same size. We found out later that the difference was that mine only contained cheese, rice, sour cream, and refried beans... His had avocado, lettuce, and tomato. Mine tasted fine... but what was I paying for, in terms of veggie options? No avocado, no peppers, no onions. Plus, I have to doubt that the refried beans were actually legitimately vegetarian.

Which also brings me to my complaint about this place across my dietary changes: the fact that they don't have any whole black or pinto beans, only the refried variety. Not a lot of opportunity for healthy eating here.

We also got an order of the guacamole, which was all right (when is mushed-up avocado bad?), but which-- like the other things we ordered-- benefited a great deal by the addition of the three salsas provided as condiments when you dine in.

• Visited August 2011