“Good choice in Highland Park”
Review of City Park Grill - CLOSED

City Park Grill
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Met friends for lunch at City Park Grill. The service was good and we were able to get separate checks which isn't always easy. Everyone thought the food good and plentiful. I ordered a BBQ pot roast sandwich with sweet potato fries. The sandwich was delicious with very tender meat but the fries were limp and not very tasty. Others ordered salads and were happy with their choices. The restaurant offers small bites of some of the desserts. The bread pudding with cinnamon ice cream is great but a small bite would have been enough as it's very rich. We liked the restaurant enough to meet there for lunch again in January.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was our first visit to City Park Grill with a Groupon. I had called the day before to make find out their lunch hours and were told to make a reservation because they crowd up...upon arrival, we were greeted warmly and seated in the back in a booth. Dark in the back but my bad neck needs a booth but most diners sit up front where its lighter. Did not actually need a reservation. I ordered the French Onion soup which was delightful and my husband ordered the Turkey Reuben which was quite tasty. Chips were so-so. Cole slaw portion could have been bigger, but okay overall. Was happy with the service but it was given without a smile...Will definitely return with or without coupon, perhaps for dinner, so yay!

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Been here a dozens of times. Will continue to go. On a recent carryout order they messed up. Shorted us. Left an entree out. Said they couldn't deliver too busy. We had to come back in to get it. Came back in to get it. Not a big deal... but other places would've included a "free dessert" coupon or taken the entree off the bill as a gesture for the inconvenience. Decent place but not not a "wow".

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife and I decided to try this place during a weekend Chicago getaway. The restaurant has two sections, a sports bar section and then a more formal dining room area with brighter colors and attractive artwork. We were seated in the dining room area. My wife absolutely loved the Whitefish Al Forno she had, and I decided to build my own burger with blue cheese, bacon, and fried onion straws, which was also fantastic! We capped the meal off with a giant slice of ice cream cake that was sinfully delicious (glad we weren't counting calories). The service was excellent and we will definitely dine there again if we find ourselves in the area.

1  Thank ChemSteve
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Nice place with a comprehensive menu. Lunch and dinner specials are offered. I enjoyed a house salad and burger w/fries, both very good. Bar has something for everybody. My visit was before the Saturday rush and the wait staff were resting up a bit. A bit pricey but within reason. I would return.