“The only one”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Highland
Richmond, Virginia
“The only one”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I stay for 3 nights for business. A typical holliday inn hotel. Service was excellent. However, there was a strong airfreshner smell in the lobby area. It make my nose stop up. Breakfast was good like common hotel b'fast. The room was clean but all night I have problem withh the noise.
Internet access was very slow.
Front door may be can be upgraded by changing to an automatic sliding door. It is difficult to manuver around when you have more than one lugage.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Effingham, Illinois
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have been a frequent patron of the Holiday Inn Express in Highland the past couple years. Not only do i spend nights there occasionally I have also found them to be a great host for business meetings as well. We had another meeting at this location on 2/28/13. Mallory took care of our every need and ALWAYS does so with a smile on her face and great attitude. Lorie Huelsbach is the location manager and she is super as well. It's not everyday you see a manager/leader who will consistently pitch in to do whatever job is needed for the good of their clients. Great place; great people!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Centerville, Iowa
Reviewed February 8, 2013

During a very difficult time in our life in Nov of 2012 we stayed at the HIE in Highland Ill , our mother passed away. The complete staff catered to our every need,the rooms were spotless and very neat. Breakfast bar was more then we could ever imagine, everything was so good. A special thanks to the GM Lori, she helped us so much by setting up the Banquet room for our luncheon after the funeral and made sure everything was taken care of. The company should be very proud of of all the wonderful people wok work at the HIE in Highland, they went above and beyond their duties!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Cindy F
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My wife and I were racing to Highland, IL to make a rehearsal dinner for a wedding. After a 5 hour drive from Chicago to Highland we arrived to the hotel, but not before I spilled coffee all over my pants. We had about 20 minutes to make it to the rehearsal as my wife was standing up. Allison at the front desk, checked us in and offered to spot clean and dry my pants as they were my only pair (aside of my suit). She took my pants and made them look great within 13 minutes, leaving us just enough time to make it to the church. She went above and beyond her call of responsibility and I am very impressed with the level of customer service I received that day.

The hotel was also very clean and I would definitely stay there again!

Ryan

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Highland, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Ryan W,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations to all of our guests. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

I was just looking for a port in the storm and got so much more. The weather was so poor that I took the next exit off I-70 and ended up in Highland, IL, at the Holiday Inn Express. The place feels safe (important for a gal traveling solo cross country), is immaculately clean. The rooms are cozy, and the staff is so nice. I highly recommend it! They honor AAA discounts, too!

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Port Byron, Illinois, United States
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The hotel is great. The management is exceptional I have never been treated better from another hotel stay. My room is always clean and the bed is comfortable. Personal service is great. My bathroom is always clean. The breakfast is remarkable there is so much to chose from. Several Restaurants are in walking distance. The exercise room is great.

Room Tip: 1st floor is great 109-111
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeff A
West Terre Haute, Indiana
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I was placed in this hotel for the duration of a month due to training for my job. I was surprised by that the hotel rooms were very comfortable and clean. The staff went beyond expectations to help accomodate my fellow peers and myself. I love the fact that the staff was willing to help with restaurant choices and gave great directions. Very beautiful area.... I highly recommend staying here :)

Room Tip: I like the 200's on the second floor 205 my favorite :)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Dana L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Highland
Super 8 Troy IL/St. Louis Area
#4 of 4 in Greenville
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 11 in Collinsville

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Highland? Share your experiences!